Words containing m, e
4 letter words containing m, e
- acme — The acme of something is its highest point of achievement or excellence.
- ahem — In writing, ahem is used to show that someone is being ironic. Ahem is also used to show that someone wants to get another person's attention.
- alme — almah.
- amen — Amen is said by Christians at the end of a prayer.
- ames — a city in central Iowa.
5 letter words containing m, e
- abeam — at right angles to the length and directly opposite the centre of a vessel or aircraft
- adeem — to cancel or withdraw (a legal agreement)
- admen — Also called advertising man. one whose profession is writing, designing, or selling advertisements.
- aimed — to position or direct (a firearm, ball, arrow, rocket, etc.) so that, on firing or release, the discharged projectile will hit a target or travel along a certain path.
- aimee — a female given name.
6 letter words containing m, e
- abomey — a city in SW Benin.
- acetum — a solution that has dilute acetic acid as solvent
- acmite — a silicate mineral with chemical formula NaFeSi2O6, consisting of pyramid-shaped crystals; aegirite
- acumen — keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a situation; shrewdness
- admete — a daughter of Eurystheus for whom Hercules took the golden girdle of Ares from Hippolyte.
7 letter words containing m, e
- a-frame — (of a house) constructed with an A-shaped elevation
- abdomen — Your abdomen is the part of your body below your chest where your stomach and intestines are.
- ableism — discrimination against disabled or handicapped people
- academe — The academic world of universities is sometimes referred to as academe.
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
8 letter words containing m, e
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- abetment — to encourage, support, or countenance by aid or approval, usually in wrongdoing: to abet a swindler; to abet a crime.
- abumeron — Avenzoar.
9 letter words containing m, e
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abatement — Abatement means a reduction in the strength or power of something or the reduction of it.
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- abominate — to dislike intensely; loathe; detest
10 letter words containing m, e
- abominable — Something that is abominable is very unpleasant or bad.
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
- abstemious — Someone who is abstemious avoids doing too much of something enjoyable such as eating or drinking.
- academical — academic.
- acclimated — Become accustomed to a new climate or to new conditions.
11 letter words containing m, e
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- abercrombie — Sir (Leslie) Patrick. 1879–1957, British town planner and architect, best known for The County of London Plan (1943) and The Greater London Plan (1944)
- abhominable — abominable.
12 letter words containing m, e
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abel-meholah — a city in ancient Palestine, east of the Jordan River: the home of Elisha. Judges 7:22; I Kings 4:12; 19:16.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- academically — in relation to an academy
13 letter words containing m, e
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
14 letter words containing m, e
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
15 letter words containing m, e
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
16 letter words containing m, e
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing m, e
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
18 letter words containing m, e
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
19 letter words containing m, e
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
20 letter words containing m, e
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
22 letter words containing m, e
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
25 letter words containing m, e
28 letter words containing m, e
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with M, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 56227 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains M, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.