Words containing e, d
3 letter words containing e, d
- ade — George1866-1944; U.S. humorist
4 letter words containing e, d
- abed — in bed; on a bed
- aced — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
- aden — the main port and commercial capital of Yemen, on the N coast of the Gulf of Aden, an arm of the Indian Ocean at the entrance to the Red Sea: capital of South Yemen until 1990: formerly an important port of call on shipping routes to the East. Pop: 584 000 (2005 est)
- adie — Kathryn, known as Kate. born 1945, British television journalist, noted esp for her frontline reporting of revolutions, wars, etc
- adze — a heavy hand tool with a steel cutting blade attached at right angles to a wooden handle, used for dressing timber
5 letter words containing e, d
- abbed — displaying well-developed abdominal muscles
- abide — to tolerate; put up with
- abled — having a range of physical powers as specified (esp in the phrases less abled, differently abled)
- abode — Your abode is the place where you live.
- ached — to have or suffer a continuous, dull pain: His whole body ached.
6 letter words containing e, d
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abased — (of a charge) lower on an escutcheon than is usual: a bend abased.
- abated — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abduce — to abduct
- abided — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
7 letter words containing e, d
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abdomen — Your abdomen is the part of your body below your chest where your stomach and intestines are.
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- abetted — to encourage, support, or countenance by aid or approval, usually in wrongdoing: to abet a swindler; to abet a crime.
- abluted — washed thoroughly
8 letter words containing e, d
9 letter words containing e, d
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
10 letter words containing e, d
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- abdicative — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
11 letter words containing e, d
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
12 letter words containing e, d
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
13 letter words containing e, d
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
14 letter words containing e, d
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
15 letter words containing e, d
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
16 letter words containing e, d
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
17 letter words containing e, d
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
18 letter words containing e, d
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
19 letter words containing e, d
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
20 letter words containing e, d
21 letter words containing e, d
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
23 letter words containing e, d
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with E, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 69512 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains E, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.