Words containing a, b, d
3 letter words containing a, b, d
- abd — all but dissertation: the stage at which a postgraduate doctoral student has completed the preparatory coursework and examinations for their doctorate, but has not yet completed a PhD dissertation
- bad — If you say that it is bad that something happens, you mean it is unacceptable, unfortunate, or wrong.
- bda — British Dental Association
4 letter words containing a, b, d
- abed — in bed; on a bed
- badb — a spirit who, delighting in war, incited armies to fight and appeared to warriors about to be defeated.
- bade — Bade is a past tense of bid2.
- badr — Battle of, Islam. a decisive battle in the early days of Islam (a.d. 624), in which Muhammad with about 300 men overcame a force of about 1000 Meccans.
- bald — Someone who is bald has little or no hair on the top of their head.
5 letter words containing a, b, d
6 letter words containing a, b, d
- abadan — a port in SW Iran, on an island in the Shatt-al-Arab delta. Pop: 307 000 (2005 est)
- abased — (of a charge) lower on an escutcheon than is usual: a bend abased.
- abated — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abbado — Claudio. 1933–2014, Italian conductor; principal conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra (1979–88); director of the Vienna State Opera (1986–91), and the Berlin Philharmonic (1989–2001)
- abboud — Ibrahim [ib-rah-heem] /ɪb rɑˈhim/ (Show IPA), 1900–1983, Sudanese army general and statesman: prime minister 1958–64.
7 letter words containing a, b, d
- abaddon — the Devil (Revelation 9:11)
- abandon — If you abandon a place, thing, or person, you leave the place, thing, or person permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- abdomen — Your abdomen is the part of your body below your chest where your stomach and intestines are.
8 letter words containing a, b, d
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
- abdicant — a person who abdicates
- abdicate — If a king or queen abdicates, he or she gives up being king or queen.
- abducens — abducens nerve.
9 letter words containing a, b, d
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
10 letter words containing a, b, d
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abba-dabba — a person or thing of little importance.
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
11 letter words containing a, b, d
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
12 letter words containing a, b, d
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- accommodable — having the ability to be accommodated
13 letter words containing a, b, d
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- adiabatically — in an adiabetic manner
- adjustability — ability to adjust
14 letter words containing a, b, d
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
15 letter words containing a, b, d
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- basidiomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the basidiomycetes.
- basse-normandie — a region of NW France, on the English Channel: consists of the Cherbourg peninsula in the west rising to the Normandy hills in the east; mainly agricultural
16 letter words containing a, b, d
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- babe-in-a-cradle — a tall orchid, Epiblema grandiflorum, of SW Australia with lilac to mauve flowers
- bidirectionality — capable of reacting or functioning in two, usually opposite, directions.
17 letter words containing a, b, d
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- bed-and-breakfast — an accommodation offered by an inn, hotel, or especially a private home, consisting of a room for the night and breakfast the next morning for one inclusive price.
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
18 letter words containing a, b, d
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
19 letter words containing a, b, d
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing a, b, d
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
25 letter words containing a, b, d
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing a, b, d
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10489 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.