Words starting with aca
3 letter words starting with aca
- aca — Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
4 letter words starting with aca
5 letter words starting with aca
- acad. — academy
- acana — (botany) A tree from the West Indies that was valued for its wood and was one of two species, Manilkara albescens or Manilkara bidentata, both from the Sapotaceae family.
- acara — Any of a number of Central American and South American freshwater fish in the family Cichlidae.
- acari — plural of acarus.
6 letter words starting with aca
- acacia — An acacia or an acacia tree is a tree which grows in warm countries and which usually has small yellow or white flowers.
- acadia — the Atlantic Provinces of Canada
- acajou — a type of mahogany used by cabinet-makers in France
- acarid — any of the small arachnids of the order Acarina (or Acari), which includes the ticks and mites
- acarus — any of the free-living mites of the widely distributed genus Acarus, several of which, esp A. siro, are serious pests of stored flour, grain, etc
7 letter words starting with aca
- acacias — Plural form of acacia.
- academe — The academic world of universities is sometimes referred to as academe.
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
- acadian — denoting or relating to Acadia or its inhabitants
- acajous — Plural form of acajou.
8 letter words starting with aca
- academes — the campus activity, life, and interests of a college or university; the academic world.
- academia — Academia refers to all the academics in a particular country or region, the institutions they work in, and their work.
- academic — Academic is used to describe things that relate to the work done in schools, colleges, and universities, especially work which involves studying and reasoning rather than practical or technical skills.
- academus — an Arcadian whose estate became a meeting place for Athenian philosophers.
- acalypha — Any of the genus Acalypha of flowering plants in the family Euphorbiaceae.
9 letter words starting with aca
- academese — pedantic, pretentious, and often confusing academic jargon: a presumably scholarly article written in incomprehensible academese.
- academian — (historical, obsolete) A follower of w Plato. (Attested from the mid 16th century until the late 17th century.)Brown, Lesley, ed. The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary. 5th. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003.
- academics — of or relating to a college, academy, school, or other educational institution, especially one for higher education: academic requirements.
- academies — Plural form of academy.
- academise — to reduce (a subject) to a rigid set of rules, principles, precepts, etc.: futile attempts to academize the visual arts.
10 letter words starting with aca
- academical — academic.
- acalculiac — One who is unable to employ basic mathematical skills, often as a medical condition.
- acanaceous — possessing prickles or thorns
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- acaricidal — destructive or fatal to mites and ticks
11 letter words starting with aca
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- academician — An academician is a member of an academy, usually one which has been formed to improve or maintain standards in a particular field.
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
- academicize — academize.
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
12 letter words starting with aca
13 letter words starting with aca
14 letter words starting with aca
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
15 letter words starting with aca
16 letter words starting with aca
17 letter words starting with aca
- acanthopterygians — Plural form of acanthopterygian.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ACA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 124 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ACA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.