Words ending with p
2 letter words ending with p
- ap — son of: occurring as part of some surnames of Welsh origin
- bp — (of alcoholic density) below proof
- cp — candlepower
- dp — 1. data processing. According to hackers, use of the term marks one immediately as a suit. See DPer. 2. dot pitch. 3. Dissociated Press.
- fp — 1. functional programming. 2. floating-point. 3. Functional Programming. A combinator-based functional language by John Backus stressing the use of higher-order functions. Implementation by Andy Valencia. ftp://apple.com/comp.sources.Unix/volume13. See also FFP, FL, IFP, Berkeley FP. 4. (programming) Function Point.
3 letter words ending with p
- aap — Australian Associated Press
- abp — archbishop
- adp — adenosine diphosphate; a nucleotide derived from ATP with the liberation of energy that is then used in the performance of muscular work
- afp — alpha-fetoprotein
- alp — (in the European Alps) an area of pasture above the valley bottom but below the mountain peaks
4 letter words ending with p
- aarp — American Association of Retired Persons
- alap — a style of Indian vocal music without words
- asap — asap is an abbreviation for 'as soon as possible'.
- atop — If something is atop something else, it is on top of it.
- beep — A beep is a short, loud sound like that made by a car horn or a telephone answering machine.
5 letter words ending with p
- abamp — Electricity. abampere.
- aesop — ?620–564 bc, Greek author of fables in which animals are given human characters and used to satirize human failings
- alsip — a town in NE Illinois.
- alsop — Joseph W(right) 1910–1989, U.S. political journalist and writer.
- ascap — American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers
6 letter words ending with p
7 letter words ending with p
- agitpop — the use of pop music to promote political propaganda
- airdrop — a delivery of supplies, troops, etc, from an aircraft by parachute
- airship — An airship is an aircraft that consists of a large balloon which is filled with gas and is powered by an engine. It has a section underneath for passengers.
- alcopop — an alcoholic drink that tastes like a soft drink
- antwerp — a province of N Belgium. Pop: 1 668 812 (2004 est). Area: 2859 sq km (1104 sq miles)
8 letter words ending with p
- afro-pop — African pop music played on electric instruments and inspired by Western pop or soul music.
- agitprop — Agitprop is the use of artistic forms such as drama or posters to further political aims.
- air-ship — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
- air-trap — a contrivance used for catching game or other animals, as a mechanical device that springs shut suddenly.
- airstrip — An airstrip is a stretch of land which has been cleared so that aircraft can take off and land.
9 letter words ending with p
- afterclap — an unexpected, usually unwanted, repercussion of or sequel to an affair which had been thought to be closed
- afterdamp — a poisonous mixture of gases containing carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen formed after the explosion of firedamp in coal mines
- age-group — persons of approximately the same age and often of the same sex, nationality, educational or social background, etc.
- alley-oop — used as an exclamation accompanying the act of lifting, rising, etc.
- amenhotep — name of four kings of Egypt who ruled during the 16th, 15th, & 14th cent. b.c.
10 letter words ending with p
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- aedileship — the office of an aedile, or the duration of an aedile's term of office
- airmanship — the skill or art of flying an aircraft
- ankle-deep — tall or deep enough to cover the ankles
- archbishop — In the Roman Catholic, Orthodox, and Anglican Churches, an archbishop is a bishop of the highest rank, who is in charge of all the bishops and priests in a particular country or region.
11 letter words ending with p
12 letter words ending with p
- aide-de-camp — An aide-de-camp is an officer in the armed forces who helps an officer of higher rank.
- bishop's-cap — any of a genus (Mitella) of small woodland plants of the saxifrage family, with two-lobed seedcases shaped like a bishop's hat
- boatsmanship — seamanship as applied to boats, especially rowboats and motorboats.
- brinkmanship — Brinkmanship is a method of behaviour, especially in politics, in which you deliberately get into dangerous situations which could result in disaster but which could also bring success.
- chairmanship — The chairmanship of a committee or organization is the fact of being its chairperson. Someone's chairmanship can also mean the period during which they are chairperson.
13 letter words ending with p
- assistantship — a graduate post which requires the student to carry out some teaching duties in return for financial assistance
- associateship — to connect or bring into relation, as thought, feeling, memory, etc.: Many people associate dark clouds with depression and gloom.
- breaker-strip — a person or thing that breaks.
- brinksmanship — the technique or practice of maneuvering a dangerous situation to the limits of tolerance or safety in order to secure the greatest advantage, especially by creating diplomatic crises.
- candidateship — candidature
14 letter words ending with p
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- anticensorship — opposed to a policy or programme of censoring
- apprenticeship — Someone who has an apprenticeship works for a fixed period of time for a person who has a particular skill in order to learn the skill. Apprenticeship is the system of learning a skill like this.
- bipartisanship — representing, characterized by, or including members from two parties or factions: Government leaders hope to achieve a bipartisan foreign policy.
- chancellorship — The chancellorship is the position of chancellor. Someone's chancellorship is the period of time when they are chancellor.
15 letter words ending with p
- anti-censorship — the act or practice of censoring.
- chairpersonship — a person who presides over a meeting, committee, board, etc.
- comparison-shop — to compare prices and quality of competing merchandise.
- comptrollership — controller (def 1).
- connoisseurship — a person who is especially competent to pass critical judgments in an art, particularly one of the fine arts, or in matters of taste: a connoisseur of modern art.
16 letter words ending with p
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
17 letter words ending with p
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter P. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4735 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in P that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.