- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of airdrop word
- noun airdrop a delivery of supplies, troops, etc, from an aircraft by parachute 3
- verb airdrop to deliver (supplies, etc) by an airdrop 3
- noun airdrop the dropping of troops or supplies, as by parachute into a combat area, from an aircraft in flight 3
- verb with object airdrop to drop (persons, equipment, etc.) by parachute from an aircraft in flight. 1
- noun airdrop the act or process of airdropping. 1
- noun airdrop An act of dropping supplies, troops, or equipment by parachute from an aircraft. 1
Information block about the term
Origin of airdrop
First appearance:before 1945
One of the 6% newest English words
First recorded in 1945-50; air1 + drop
Parts of speech for Airdrop
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 81% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
airdrop usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for airdrop
- fly — to move through the air using wings.
- airlift — An airlift is an operation to move people, troops, or goods by air, especially in a war or when land routes are closed.
- send in — to cause, permit, or enable to go: to send a messenger; They sent their son to college.
- drop — a small quantity of liquid that falls or is produced in a more or less spherical mass; a liquid globule.
- parachute — a folding, umbrellalike, fabric device with cords supporting a harness or straps for allowing a person, object, package, etc., to float down safely through the air from a great height, especially from an aircraft, rendered effective by the resistance of the air that expands it during the descent and reduces the velocity of its fall.
- delivery — Delivery or a delivery is the bringing of letters, parcels, or other goods to someone's house or to another place where they want them.
- consignment — A consignment of goods is a load that is being delivered to a place or person.
- landing — any part of the earth's surface not covered by a body of water; the part of the earth's surface occupied by continents and islands: Land was sighted from the crow's nest.
Top questions with airdrop
- what is airdrop?
- how to use airdrop?
- how to airdrop?
- how to turn on airdrop on mac?
- how to turn on airdrop?
- how to airdrop from iphone to mac?
- how to use airdrop on mac?
- how does airdrop work?
- how do airdrop work?
- what is airdrop on iphone?
- how to airdrop photos?
- how to airdrop from mac to iphone?
- what is airdrop iphone?
- what does airdrop do?
- where do airdrop files go?
- Words starting with a
- Words starting with ai
- Words starting with air
- Words starting with aird
- Words starting with airdr
- Words starting with airdro
- Words starting with airdrop
- Words containing the letters a
- Words containing the letters a,i
- Words containing the letters a,i,r
- Words containing the letters a,i,r,d
- Words containing the letters a,i,r,d,o
- Words containing the letters a,i,r,d,o,p