Words ending with ori
4 letter words ending with ori
- cori — Carl Ferdinand. 1896–1984, US biochemist, born in Bohemia; shared a Nobel prize for physiology or medicine (1947) with his wife Gerty Theresa Radnitz Cori (1896–1957) and Bernardo Houssay, for elucidating the stages of glycolysis
- gori — A city in eastern Georgia, the regional capital of the Shida Kartli region.
- hori — a Māori
- kori — The monetary unit of w Kutch prior to 1947, divided into 24 dokda.
- lori — a feminine name
5 letter words ending with ori
- haori — a loose, knee-length, Japanese garment resembling a coat.
- koori — a native Australian
- maori — a member of the native Polynesian population of New Zealand.
- poori — a light, round, unleavened wheat bread of India, usually deep-fried.
- cook island māori — a dialect of Māori spoken in the Cook Islands
6 letter words ending with ori
- aomori — seaport in northernmost Honshu, Japan, on an inlet of the Sea of Japan: pop. 293,000
- pylori — the opening between the stomach and the duodenum.
- satori — sudden enlightenment.
- a priori — An a priori argument, reason, or probability is based on an assumed principle or fact, rather than on actual observed facts.
7 letter words ending with ori
- apriori — Alternative form of a priori.
- kachori — An Indian snack of flour with beans and spices.
- moriori — a Polynesian people of New Zealand, esp of the Chatham Islands, closely related to the mainland Māori: now racially intermixed
- ogonori — An edible seaweed (Gracilaria spp.).
- signori — a conventional Italian term of address or title of respect for a man, either used separately or prefixed to the name. Abbreviation: Sig., sig.
8 letter words ending with ori
- fujimori — Alberto, born 1938, president of Peru 1990–2000.
- tandoori — baked or cooked in a tandoor: tandoori chicken.
- yakitori — a dish of small pieces of boneless chicken, usually marinated, skewered, and grilled.
- a fortiori — for similar but more convincing reasons
- saigo takamori — 1828–77, Japanese samurai, who led (1868) the coup that restored imperial government. In 1877 he reluctantly led a samurai rebellion, committing suicide when it failed
9 letter words ending with ori
- choephori — a tragedy (458 b.c.) by Aeschylus.
- phosphori — plural of phosphorus
- ruwenzori — a mountain group in central Africa between Lake Albert and Lake Edward: sometimes identified with Ptolemy's “Mountains of the Moon.” Highest peak, Mt. Ngaliema (Stanley), with two summits: Mt. Margherita, 16,795 feet (5119 meters), and Mt. Alexandra, 16,726 feet (5098 meters).
10 letter words ending with ori
- millefiori — decorative glass made by fusing multicolored glass canes together, cutting them crosswise, joining them into new groups, embedding the groups in transparent glass, and blowing the resultant mass into a desired shape.
- montessori — Maria [muh-ree-uh;; Italian mah-ree-ah] /məˈri ə;; Italian mɑˈri ɑ/ (Show IPA), 1870–1952, Italian educator.
- a posteriori — relating to or involving inductive reasoning from particular facts or effects to a general principle
12 letter words ending with ori
- electrophori — Plural form of electrophorus.
13 letter words ending with ori
- improvisatori — Plural form of improvisatore.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ORI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 45 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ORI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.