Words ending with n
2 letter words ending with n
- an — An is used instead of 'a', the indefinite article, in front of words that begin with vowel sounds.
- act on — to regulate one's behaviour in accordance with (advice, information, etc)
- all in — If you say that you are all in, you mean that you are extremely tired.
- all on — the cry uttered by a whipper-in to signify that all the hounds are accounted for.
3 letter words ending with n
4 letter words ending with n
- aden — the main port and commercial capital of Yemen, on the N coast of the Gulf of Aden, an arm of the Indian Ocean at the entrance to the Red Sea: capital of South Yemen until 1990: formerly an important port of call on shipping routes to the East. Pop: 584 000 (2005 est)
- adin — advantage (def 5).
- aeon — An aeon is an extremely long period of time.
- aftn — Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunications Network: a worldwide system of radio and cable links for transmitting and recording messages
- agen — a market town in SW France, on the Garonne river. Pop: 30 170 (1999)
5 letter words ending with n
- aaron — the first high priest of the Israelites, brother of Moses (Exodus 4:14)
- abdon — one of the minor judges of Israel. Judges 12:13–15.
- abrin — a highly poisonous compound found in the seed of the Indian liquorice (Abrus precatorius)
- achan — a member of the tribe of Judah who, with his family, was stoned to death for stealing forbidden spoils. Josh. 7:19–26.
- acorn — An acorn is a pale oval nut that is the fruit of an oak tree.
6 letter words ending with n
- aachen — a city and spa in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia: the northern capital of Charlemagne's empire. Pop: 256 605 (2003 est)
- abadan — a port in SW Iran, on an island in the Shatt-al-Arab delta. Pop: 307 000 (2005 est)
- abakan — a city in S central Russia, capital of the Khakass Republic, at the confluence of the Yenisei and Abakan Rivers. Pop: 167 000 (2005 est)
- acetin — any of three types of liquid acetate, formed from glycerol and acetic acid, chiefly used in explosives and solvents
- achkan — a type of man's coat, knee-length or longer and long-sleeved, worn in South Asia, traditionally by the Muslim and Sikh aristocracy of Northern India
7 letter words ending with n
- abaddon — the Devil (Revelation 9:11)
- abandon — If you abandon a place, thing, or person, you leave the place, thing, or person permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abdomen — Your abdomen is the part of your body below your chest where your stomach and intestines are.
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
8 letter words ending with n
- aberdeen — a city in NE Scotland, on the North Sea: centre for processing North Sea oil and gas; university (1494). Pop: 184 788 (2001)
- abingdon — a market town in S England, in Oxfordshire. Pop: 36 010 (2001)
- abington — urban township in SE Pa., near Philadelphia: pop. 56,000
- ablation — the surgical removal of an organ, structure, or part
- ablution — the ritual washing of a priest's hands or of sacred vessels
9 letter words ending with n
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- abjection — an abject state or condition
- abkhazian — a Caucasian language of Abkhazia, best known for its rich consonantism.
- abolition — The abolition of something such as a system or practice is its formal ending.
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
10 letter words ending with n
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
- abjunction — the act of cutting off part of a mycelium or spore by forming a septum
11 letter words ending with n
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- abomination — If you say that something is an abomination, you think that it is completely unacceptable.
12 letter words ending with n
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abirritation — to make less irritable; soothe.
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accentuation — an act or instance of accentuating.
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
13 letter words ending with n
- accommodation — Accommodation is used to refer to buildings or rooms where people live or stay.
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetate-rayon — Chemistry. a salt or ester of acetic acid.
14 letter words ending with n
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- administration — Administration is the range of activities connected with organizing and supervising the way that an organization or institution functions.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- aftersensation — an afterimage.
15 letter words ending with n
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
16 letter words ending with n
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
17 letter words ending with n
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-assimilation — the act or process of assimilating, or of absorbing information, experiences, etc.: the need for quick assimilation of the facts.
- anti-humanitarian — having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
- anti-totalitarian — of or relating to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
18 letter words ending with n
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- aristotles-lantern — a complex arrangement of muscles and calcareous teeth and plates forming an eversible organ in most echinoids, functioning in mastication.
20 letter words ending with n
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
22 letter words ending with n
25 letter words ending with n
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 24690 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.