Words containing tr
4 letter words containing tr
- atry — lying to under a trysail in heavy weather; trying.
5 letter words containing tr
6 letter words containing tr
- amtrac — an amphibious tracked vehicle used primarily by the military for shore landings
- amtrak — a government-owned organization providing intercity passenger railroad services in the US
- antral — a cavity in a body organ, especially a bone.
- antres — a cavern; cave.
- antrim — a historical county of NE Northern Ireland, famous for the Giant's Causeway on the N coast: in 1973 it was replaced for administrative purposes by the districts of Antrim, Ballymena, Ballymoney, Carrickfergus, Larne, Moyle, Newtownabbey, and parts of Belfast and Lisburn. Area: 3100 sq km (1200 sq miles)
7 letter words containing tr
- actress — An actress is a woman whose job is acting in plays or films.
- agentry — the duty or activity of an agent
- aintree — a suburb of Liverpool, in Merseyside: site of the racecourse over which the Grand National steeplechase has been run since 1839
- ashtray — An ashtray is a small dish in which smokers can put the ash from their cigarettes and cigars.
- astrict — to bind, confine, or constrict
8 letter words containing tr
- abstract — An abstract idea or way of thinking is based on general ideas rather than on real things and events.
- abstrict — to make (a spore) undergo abstriction
- abstruse — You can describe something as abstruse if you find it difficult to understand, especially when you think it could be explained more simply.
- accoutre — to provide with equipment or dress, esp military
- accutron — a type of watch in which the balance wheel and hairspring are replaced by a tuning fork kept in vibration by a tiny internal battery
9 letter words containing tr
10 letter words containing tr
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- abstracted — Someone who is abstracted is thinking so deeply that they are not fully aware of what is happening around them.
- abstractly — in an abstract manner, theoretically
- abstrusity — the quality of being abstruse
- accipitral — accipitrine.
11 letter words containing tr
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
- abstriction — the separation and release of a mature spore from a sporophore by the formation of a septum. This process occurs in some fungi
- accipitrine — of, relating to, or resembling a hawk; rapacious
12 letter words containing tr
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- accoutrement — Accoutrements are all the things you have with you when you travel or when you take part in a particular activity.
- acetonitrile — a colourless organic chemical, CH3CN, used chiefly as a solvent
13 letter words containing tr
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acrylonitrile — a colourless liquid that is miscible with water and has toxic fumes: used in the manufacture of acrylic fibres and resins, rubber, and thermoplastics. Formula: CH2:CHCN
- active-matrix — of or relating to a high-resolution liquid-crystal display (LCD) with high contrast, the most common type of flat-panel display.
- administrable — able to be administered or managed
- administrated — to administer.
14 letter words containing tr
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- administrating — to administer.
- administration — Administration is the range of activities connected with organizing and supervising the way that an organization or institution functions.
15 letter words containing tr
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
16 letter words containing tr
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
17 letter words containing tr
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bioelectrogenesis — the production of electricity by organisms.
18 letter words containing tr
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
19 letter words containing tr
20 letter words containing tr
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
22 letter words containing tr
23 letter words containing tr
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
On this page, we collect all words with TR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15443 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains TR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.