Words containing hip
4 letter words containing hip
- chip — Chips are long, thin pieces of potato fried in oil or fat and eaten hot, usually with a meal.
- hipe — (wrestling) A throw in which the wrestler lifts his opponent from the ground, swings him to one side, knocks up his nearer thigh from the back with the knee, and throws him on his back.
- hips — Plural form of hip.
- ship — a romantic relationship between fictional characters, especially one that people discuss, write about, or take an interest in, whether or not the romance actually exists in the original book, show, etc.: popular ships in fan fiction.
- whip — to beat with a strap, lash, rod, or the like, especially by way of punishment or chastisement; flog; thrash: Criminals used to be whipped for minor offenses.
5 letter words containing hip
- -ship — indicating skill
- chips — CHIPS is a system for transferring funds that makes large value payments in US dollars between major banks.
- hipaa — In the U.S., HIPAA is an act that protects people covered by health insurance and makes rules about storing personal medical data.
- hipac — An active DBMS from Xerox Advanced Information Technology.
- hiped — Simple past tense and past participle of hipe.
6 letter words containing hip
- chip-8 — (language, games) A low-level interpretive language (really a high-level machine code) developed at RCA in the late 1970s for video games on computers using RCA's CDP1802 processor. It could also be used on the DREAM 6800.
- chippy — A chippy is the same as a chip shop.
- hiphop — the popular subculture of big-city teenagers, which includes rap music, break dancing, and graffiti art.
- hipped — familiar with or informed about the latest ideas, styles, developments, etc.: My parents aren't exactly hip, you know.
- hipper — Also, hipness. the condition or state of being hip.
7 letter words containing hip
- -hippus — horse
- airship — An airship is an aircraft that consists of a large balloon which is filled with gas and is powered by an engine. It has a section underneath for passengers.
- biochip — a small glass or silicon plate containing an array of biochemical molecules or structures, used as a biosensor or in gene sequencing
- chip-48 — A reimplementation of CHIP-8 for the HP-48 calculator by Andreas Gustafson <[email protected]>. Posted to news:comp.sys.handhelds in Sep 1990.
- chipped — damaged by having a small piece broken off
8 letter words containing hip
- -manship — talent or skill (esp. in gaining advantage) in connection with
- air-ship — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
- airships — Plural form of airship.
- allyship — The role or status of being an ally.
- amidship — in or toward the middle part of a ship or aircraft; midway between the ends.
9 letter words containing hip
- adminship — The role of an administrator; administratorship.
- amidships — Amidships means halfway along the length of a ship.
- amphipods — Plural form of amphipod.
- arhatship — the state of having achieved enlightenment, which is the ultimate goal of Theravada Buddhists
- blockship — a ship used to block a river or channel
10 letter words containing hip
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- aedileship — the office of an aedile, or the duration of an aedile's term of office
- airmanship — the skill or art of flying an aircraft
- amphiphile — any of many organic compounds such as detergents combining both hydrophilic and hydrophobic properties
- amphiploid — a hybrid organism having a diploid set of chromosomes from each parental species.
11 letter words containing hip
- advisership — the office or post of an adviser
- air-shipped — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
- amateurship — the nature of an amateur
- amphipathic — of or relating to a molecule that possesses both hydrophobic and hydrophilic elements, such as are found in detergents, or phospholipids of biological membranes
- amphiphilic — relating to or characterizing an amphiphile
12 letter words containing hip
- archipallium — (anatomy) The oldest region of the brain's pallium, often considered contiguous with the olfactory cortex, but varying among species. In humans, the archipallium makes up the hippocampus.
- archipelagic — a large group or chain of islands: the Malay Archipelago.
- archipelagos — Plural form of archipelago.
- archiphoneme — an abstract linguistic unit representing two or more phonemes when the distinction between these has been neutralized: conventionally shown by a capital letter within slashes, as /T/ for /t/ and /d/ in German Rat and Rad
- assessorship — the occupation, post or duties of a person who assesses, advises, or estimates
13 letter words containing hip
- amphiprostyle — (esp of a classical temple) having a set of columns at both ends but not at the sides
- archipelagoes — Plural form of archipelago.
- assistantship — a graduate post which requires the student to carry out some teaching duties in return for financial assistance
- associateship — to connect or bring into relation, as thought, feeling, memory, etc.: Many people associate dark clouds with depression and gloom.
- barristership — the office of a barrister
14 letter words containing hip
- accountantship — the occupation or post of an accountant
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- amphiprostylar — Amphiprostyle.
- amphiprostyles — Plural form of amphiprostyle.
- anticensorship — opposed to a policy or programme of censoring
15 letter words containing hip
- academicianship — A membership in a national academy of arts or sciences.
- ambassadorships — Plural form of ambassadorship.
- anti-censorship — the act or practice of censoring.
- apprenticeships — Plural form of apprenticeship.
- chairpersonship — a person who presides over a meeting, committee, board, etc.
16 letter words containing hip
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- commissionership — The role or office of commissioner.
- craftspersonship — The body of activities, skills, techniques, knowledge, and expertise pertinent to (a) particular craft(s).
- entrepreneurship — The art or science of innovation and risk-taking for profit in business.
- headmistressship — (rare) Alternative form of headmistress-ship.
17 letter words containing hip
18 letter words containing hip
On this page, we collect all words with HIP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1137 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains HIP that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.