Words containing cr
3 letter words containing cr
4 letter words containing cr
- acre — An acre is an area of land measuring 4840 square yards or 4047 square metres.
- ccrc — Criminal Cases Review Commission: a British government body established in 1997 to investigate alleged miscarriages of justice
- crab — A crab is a sea creature with a flat round body covered by a shell, and five pairs of legs with large claws on the front pair. Crabs usually move sideways.
- crac — Careers Research and Advisory Centre
- crag — A crag is a steep rocky cliff or part of a mountain.
5 letter words containing cr
- accra — the capital of Ghana, a port on the Gulf of Guinea: built on the site of three 17th-century trading fortresses founded by the English, Dutch, and Danish. Pop: 1 970 000 (2005 est)
- acral — Of or pertaining to peripheral body parts, such as toes and fingers.
- acred — having acres of land
- acrid — An acrid smell or taste is strong and sharp, and usually unpleasant.
- acro- — denoting something at a height, summit, top, tip, beginning, or end
6 letter words containing cr
- accrue — If money or interest accrues or if you accrue it, it gradually increases in amount over a period of time.
- across — If someone or something goes across a place or a boundary, they go from one side of it to the other.
- crabbe — George. 1754–1832, English narrative poet, noted for his depiction of impoverished rural life in The Village (1783) and The Borough (1810)
- crabby — Someone who is crabby is bad-tempered and unpleasant to people.
- cracks — to break without complete separation of parts; become fissured: The plate cracked when I dropped it, but it was still usable.
7 letter words containing cr
- accrete — to grow or cause to grow together; be or become fused
- accrual — In finance, the accrual of something such as interest or investments is the adding together of interest or different investments over a period of time.
- accrued — to happen or result as a natural growth, addition, etc.
- acrania — (physiology) Partial or total absence of the skull.
- acrasin — a chemical produced by slime moulds
8 letter words containing cr
- accredit — If an educational qualification or institution is accredited, it is officially declared to be of an approved standard.
- accreted — to grow together; adhere (usually followed by to).
- accroach — to assume to oneself without right or authority; usurp.
- accruing — to happen or result as a natural growth, addition, etc.
- acridine — a colourless crystalline solid used in the manufacture of dyes. Formula: C13H9N
9 letter words containing cr
- accretion — An accretion is an addition to something, usually one that has been added over a period of time.
- accretive — an increase by natural growth or by gradual external addition; growth in size or extent.
- accruable — having the ability to be accrued
- acre-foot — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 foot: equivalent to 43 560 cubic feet or 1233.5 cubic metres
- acre-inch — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 inch; one twelfth of an acre-foot: equivalent to 3630 cubic feet or 102.8 cubic metres
10 letter words containing cr
11 letter words containing cr
- abercrombie — Sir (Leslie) Patrick. 1879–1957, British town planner and architect, best known for The County of London Plan (1943) and The Greater London Plan (1944)
- accrescence — continual increase
- acraldehyde — acrolein.
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- acrimonious — Acrimonious words or quarrels are bitter and angry.
12 letter words containing cr
- accreditable — having the ability to be accredited
- acrocyanosis — cyanosis of the hands and feet due to poor circulation of the blood
- aircraftsman — a person holding the rank of noncommissioned officer in the RAF.
- anacrogynous — having the female sex organs arising from any cell below the apex of the stem, thereby not terminating its growth, as certain liverworts.
- antiaircraft — used for defense against hostile aircraft
13 letter words containing cr
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
- acronymically — in an acronymic manner
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
- acrylonitrile — a colourless liquid that is miscible with water and has toxic fumes: used in the manufacture of acrylic fibres and resins, rubber, and thermoplastics. Formula: CH2:CHCN
14 letter words containing cr
- aircraftswoman — a woman holding a noncommissioned rank in the RAF.
- antidemocratic — opposed to the principles or practice of democracy
- backscratching — a long-handled device for scratching one's own back.
- chondrocranium — the cartilaginous structure that, in early development, envelops the brain
- cinemicrograph — a motion picture filmed through a microscope.
15 letter words containing cr
- christcross-row — the alphabet.
- cinemicrography — the making of a film through the lens of a microscope
- circumscription — the act of circumscribing or the state of being circumscribed
- conscriptionist — a person who is in favour of conscription
- cradle-to-grave — extending throughout one's life, from birth to death: a cradle-to-grave system of health care.
16 letter words containing cr
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- babe-in-a-cradle — a tall orchid, Epiblema grandiflorum, of SW Australia with lilac to mauve flowers
- bureaucratically — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- cream-of-coconut — Also called cream of coconut. a creamy white liquid skimmed from the top of coconut milk that has been made by soaking grated coconut meat in water, used in East Indian cookery, mixed drinks, etc.
17 letter words containing cr
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- bureaucratization — to divide an administrative agency or office into bureaus.
- codlins-and-cream — an onagraceous plant, Epilobium hirsutum, native to Europe and Asia and introduced into North America, having purplish-red flowers and hairy stems and leaves
18 letter words containing cr
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
19 letter words containing cr
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
On this page, we collect all words with CR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7325 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.