Words containing cla
4 letter words containing cla
- clad — If you are clad in particular clothes, you are wearing them.
- clag — sticky mud
- clam — Clams are a kind of shellfish which can be eaten.
- clan — A clan is a group which consists of families that are related to each other.
- clap — When you clap, you hit your hands together to show appreciation or attract attention.
5 letter words containing cla
- clach — a stone
- clack — If things clack or if you clack them, they make a short loud noise, especially when they hit each other.
- clade — a group of organisms considered as having evolved from a common ancestor
- clads — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of clad.
- claes — (Scotland) clothes.
6 letter words containing cla
7 letter words containing cla
- acclaim — If someone or something is acclaimed, they are praised enthusiastically.
- amyclas — a son of Lacedaemon and Sparta.
- barclay — Alexander. c. 1475–1552, English poet. His works include The Ship of Fools (1509) and Eclogues (c. 1513–14)
- beclasp — to embrace
- c-clamp — a general-purpose clamp shaped like the letter C
8 letter words containing cla
- acclaims — Plural form of acclaim.
- ballclay — a type of fine-grained clay suitable for making ceramics
- beclamor — clamour excessively
- cerclage — the treatment of an incompetent cervix by means of a suture in early pregnancy to prevent miscarriage
- chiclayo — a city in NW Peru. Pop: 434 000 (2005 est)
9 letter words containing cla
- acclaimed — publicly acknowledged as excellent
- acclaimer — One who acclaims.
- acclamate — (rare) To acclaim.
- afterclap — an unexpected, usually unwanted, repercussion of or sequel to an affair which had been thought to be closed
- autoclave — a strong sealed vessel used for chemical reactions at high pressure
10 letter words containing cla
11 letter words containing cla
- acclamation — Acclamation is a noisy or enthusiastic expression of approval for someone or something.
- acclamatory — a loud shout or other demonstration of welcome, goodwill, or approval.
- anticlastic — (of a surface) having a curvature, at a given point and in a particular direction, that is of the opposite sign to the curvature at that point in a perpendicular direction
- aortoclasia — rupture of the aorta.
- armour-clad — wearing armour
12 letter words containing cla
- acclamations — Plural form of acclamation.
- anorthoclase — a variety of microcline, rich in sodium and sometimes having a play of color: sometimes considered a variety of orthoclase.
- antanaclasis — a form of speech in which a key word is repeated and used in a different, and sometimes contrary, way for a play on words, as in The craft of a politician is to appear before the public without craft.
- bonnyclabber — clotted or curdled milk
- cladocarpous — pleurocarpous.
13 letter words containing cla
- anticlassical — against the trend of the classical period
- cladistically — from a cladistic point of view
- claim-jumping — a person who seizes another's claim of land, especially for mineral rights.
- clair-de-lune — a work for the piano by Claude Debussy, third movement of the Suite bergamasque.
- clair-obscure — chiaroscuro.
14 letter words containing cla
15 letter words containing cla
- clandestineness — The state or quality of being clandestine.
- class-conscious — Someone who is class-conscious is very aware of the differences between the various classes of people in society, and often has a strong feeling of belonging to a particular class.
- classifications — Plural form of classification.
- claustrophobics — Plural form of claustrophobic.
- counterclaimant — a claim made to offset another claim, especially one made by the defendant in a legal action.
16 letter words containing cla
- clackmannanshire — a council area and historical county of central Scotland; became part of the Central region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority in 1996; mainly agricultural. Administrative centre: Alloa. Pop: 47 680 (2003 est). Area: 142 sq km (55 sq miles)
- cladogenetically — By means of cladogenesis.
- clay-with-flints — a deposit of stiff clay containing unworn whole flints in the S England
- declassification — to remove the classification from (information, a document, etc.) that restricts access in terms of secrecy, confidentiality, etc. Compare classification (def 5).
- iconoclastically — In an iconoclastic way.
17 letter words containing cla
18 letter words containing cla
On this page, we collect all words with CLA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1280 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CLA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.