Words containing chi
3 letter words containing chi
- chi — the 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet (Χ, χ), a consonant, transliterated as ch or rarely kh
4 letter words containing chi
- chia — a plant of the genus Salvia, indigenous to Mexico, with purple or blue flowers and edible seeds
- chib — to stab or slash with a sharp weapon
- chic — Something or someone that is chic is fashionable and sophisticated.
- chid — to express disapproval of; scold; reproach: The principal chided the children for their thoughtless pranks.
- chin — Your chin is the part of your face that is below your mouth and above your neck.
5 letter words containing chi
- chiai — a city on W Taiwan.
- chian — of or relating to Chios
- chiao — a Chinese monetary unit equal to one-tenth of a yuan
- chias — a plant, Salvia columbariae, of the mint family, native to the southwestern U.S. and Mexico, having mostly basal, oblong leaves and small blue flowers: the seeds are used as food and as the source of a beverage.
- chiba — an industrial city in central Japan, in SE Honshu on Tokyo Bay. Pop: 880 164 (2002 est)
6 letter words containing chi
- achill — an island off the coast of NW Ireland. 14 miles (23 km) long; 11 miles (18 km) wide.
- aching — causing physical pain or distress: treatment for an aching back.
- achish — the king of the Philistine city of Gath, who twice gave refuge to David. I Sam. 21:10–15.
- archi- — chief, first
- archie — Archibald Lee ("Archie") 1913–1998, U.S. boxer.
7 letter words containing chi
- achieve — If you achieve a particular aim or effect, you succeed in doing it or causing it to happen, usually after a lot of effort.
- achinsk — a city in the S central Russian Federation in Asia.
- achiote — annatto.
- achiral — able to be superimposed on its mirror image
- acouchi — any of several South American rodents of the genus Myoprocta, closely related to the agoutis but much smaller, with a white-tipped tail: family Dasyproctidae
8 letter words containing chi
- abrachia — the congenital condition of having no arms
- achiever — A high achiever is someone who is successful in their studies or their work, usually as a result of their efforts. A low achiever is someone who achieves less than those around them.
- achilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- achillea — any plant of the N temperate genus Achillea, with white, yellow, or purple flowers, some species of which are widely grown as garden plants: family Asteraceae (composites)
- achilles — Greek hero, the son of Peleus and the sea goddess Thetis: in the Iliad the foremost of the Greek warriors at the siege of Troy. While he was a baby his mother plunged him into the river Styx making his body invulnerable except for the heel by which she held him. After slaying Hector, he was killed by Paris who wounded him in the heel
9 letter words containing chi
- achievers — to bring to a successful end; carry through; accomplish: The police crackdown on speeders achieved its purpose.
- achieving — to bring to a successful end; carry through; accomplish: The police crackdown on speeders achieved its purpose.
- achillean — the greatest Greek warrior in the Trojan War and hero of Homer's Iliad. He killed Hector and was killed when Paris wounded him in the heel, his one vulnerable spot, with an arrow.
- achimenes — any plant of the tropical S American tuberous-rooted perennial genus Achimenes, with showy red, blue, or white tubular flowers, some of which are grown as greenhouse plants: family Gesneriaceae
- aeschines — ?389–?314 bc, Athenian orator; the main political opponent of Demosthenes
10 letter words containing chi
- achievable — If you say that something you are trying to do is achievable, you mean that it is possible for you to succeed in doing it.
- achimelech — Ahimelech.
- achitophel — Ahithophel
- anarchical — of, like, or tending to anarchy.
- appalachia — a highland region of the eastern US, containing the Appalachian Mountains, extending from Pennsylvania to Alabama
11 letter words containing chi
- abranchiate — having no gills
- achievement — An achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
- affranchise — to release from servitude or an obligation
- anarchistic — An anarchistic person believes in anarchism. Anarchistic activity or literature promotes anarchism.
- appalachian — of, from, or relating to the Appalachian Mountains
12 letter words containing chi
- antibacchius — a metrical foot consisting of three syllables, of which the first two are long and the third is short
- antilynching — opposed to lynching, acting against lynching
- antipoaching — acting against or opposed to poaching
- antirachitic — preventing or curing rickets
- apalachicola — river in NW Fla., flowing from the Fla.-Ga. border southward into the Gulf of Mexico: 90 mi (145 km)
13 letter words containing chi
- archidiaconal — of or relating to an archdeacon or his office
- archimandrite — the head of a monastery or a group of monasteries
- architectonic — denoting, relating to, or having architectural qualities
- architectural — Architectural means relating to the design and construction of buildings.
- azurmalachite — a blue-green ornamental stone consisting of a mixture of azurite and malachite.
14 letter words containing chi
- antimonarchist — opposed to a monarchy
- antipsychiatry — an approach to mental disorders that makes use of concepts derived from existentialism, psychoanalysis, and sociological theory
- archidiaconate — the office, term of office, or area of jurisdiction of an archdeacon
- archiepiscopal — of or associated with an archbishop
- architectonics — the science of architecture
15 letter words containing chi
- archiepiscopacy — a form of church government in which power is vested in archbishops.
- archiepiscopate — the rank, office, or term of office of an archbishop
- architecturally — of or relating to architecture: architectural metals.
- azuchi-momoyama — a period of Japanese art, 1568–1600, characterized by construction of imposing, elegant castles and small, unadorned teahouses, lavish decorative arts, and bright-colored painting.
- bathing-machine — a small bathhouse on wheels formerly used as a dressing room and in which bathers could also be transported from the beach to the water.
16 letter words containing chi
- anti-monarchical — of, like, or pertaining to a monarch or monarchy.
- branchiopneustic — breathing by means of gills, as certain aquatic insect larvae.
- caducibranchiate — (of many amphibians, such as frogs) having gills during one stage of the life cycle only
- chinese-hibiscus — Also called Bengal rose. a rose, Rosa chinensis, of China, having slightly fragrant crimson, pink, or white flowers.
- chinese-pavilion — a shape resembling a segment of a ring tapering to points at the ends.
17 letter words containing chi
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- buttock-clenching — making one tighten the buttocks through extreme fear or embarrassment
- haroun-al-raschid — Harun al-Rashid.
- medicochirurgical — pertaining to medicine and surgery.
18 letter words containing chi
19 letter words containing chi
24 letter words containing chi
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
On this page, we collect all words with CHI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2977 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.