Words containing as
2 letter words containing as
- as — If something happens as something else happens, it happens at the same time.
3 letter words containing as
4 letter words containing as
- acas — Advisory Conciliation and Arbitration Service
- alas — You use alas to say that you think that the facts you are talking about are sad or unfortunate.
- amas — a Japanese diver, usually a woman, who tends underwater oyster beds used in the cultivation of pearls.
- anas — a collection of miscellaneous information about a particular subject, person, place, or thing.
- aras — a river rising in mountains in E Turkey and flowing east to the Caspian Sea: forms part of the E border of Turkey and the N border of Iran. Length: about 1100 km (660 miles)
5 letter words containing as
- abase — to humble or belittle (oneself, etc)
- abash — to cause to feel ill at ease, embarrassed, or confused; make ashamed
- abbas — Ferhat. 1899–1985, Algerian nationalist leader: joined the National Liberation Front (1956); president of the provisional government of the Algerian republic (1958–61)
- alias — An alias is a false name, especially one used by a criminal.
- amasa — the commander of Absalom's army and later of David's army. II Sam. 17:25; 19:13.
6 letter words containing as
7 letter words containing as
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- abraser — a machine for testing the abrasion resistance of a material.
- abraxas — an ancient charm composed of Greek letters: originally believed to have magical powers and inscribed on amulets, etc, but from the second century ad personified by Gnostics as a deity, the source of divine emanations
- abreast — If people or things walk or move abreast, they are next to each other, side by side, and facing in the same direction.
8 letter words containing as
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
- abomasum — the fourth and last compartment of the stomach of ruminants, which receives and digests food from the psalterium and passes it on to the small intestine
- abomasus — abomasum.
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
- abrasive — Someone who has an abrasive manner is unkind and rude.
9 letter words containing as
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- acariasis — infestation of the hair follicles and skin with acarids, esp mites
- achalasia — failure of the cardiac sphincter of the oesophagus to relax, resulting in difficulty in swallowing
10 letter words containing as
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
- afro-asian — of or relating to both Africa and Asia, esp as part of the Third World
- aftertaste — An aftertaste is a taste that remains in your mouth after you have finished eating or drinking something.
- airbrasive — a method of removing deposits from the teeth, or rarely, of preparing teeth for filling, by wearing down the surface with an abrasive substance blown by a jet of air
11 letter words containing as
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- aeroelastic — capable of changing shape under aerodynamic forces
- afroasiatic — designating or of a family of African and Asian languages generally divided into the branches Berber, Cushitic, Semitic, Chadic, and ancient Egyptian
- agastrophus — a son of Paeon who was slain by Diomedes.
- alabastrine — a finely granular variety of gypsum, often white and translucent, used for ornamental objects or work, such as lamp bases, figurines, etc.
12 letter words containing as
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- aeroelastics — the study of aeroelastic phenomena.
- afro-asiatic — a family of languages of SW Asia and N Africa, consisting of the Semitic, ancient Egyptian, Berber, Cushitic, and Chadic subfamilies
- allhallowmas — All Saints' Day.
- ambassadress — a woman ambassador
13 letter words containing as
- admeasurement — the act of admeasuring
- alymphoplasia — (medicine) aplasia of the lymphoid tissue.
- ambassadorial — Ambassadorial means belonging or relating to an ambassador.
- amphiblastula — the free-swimming larva of certain sponges, which consists of a hollow spherical mass of cells some of which have flagella
- anti-aliasing — a technique for smoothing out jagged lines in graphical computer output.
14 letter words containing as
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- aminopeptidase — an enzyme produced by the glands of the small intestine
15 letter words containing as
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- ancylostomiasis — infestation of the human intestine with blood-sucking hookworms, causing progressive anaemia
- ankylostomiasis — ancylostomiasis
- archeoastronomy — the branch of archaeology that deals with the apparent use by prehistoric civilizations of astronomical techniques to establish the seasons or the cycle of the year, especially as evidenced in the construction of megaliths and other ritual structures.
- asclepiadaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Asclepiadaceae, a family of mostly tropical and subtropical flowering plants, including the milkweed and swallowwort, having pollen in the form of a waxy mass (pollinium): now usually regarded as a subfamily of the Apocynaceae
16 letter words containing as
17 letter words containing as
- anti-assimilation — the act or process of assimilating, or of absorbing information, experiences, etc.: the need for quick assimilation of the facts.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
- axis-of-abscissas — x-axis (def 1).
18 letter words containing as
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
19 letter words containing as
20 letter words containing as
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
23 letter words containing as
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
24 letter words containing as
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with AS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15338 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.