Words containing abas
5 letter words containing abas
6 letter words containing abas
- abased — (of a charge) lower on an escutcheon than is usual: a bend abased.
- abaser — a person who abases
- abases — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of abase.
- abasia — a muscular disorder causing an inability to walk
- adabas — (database) A relational database system by Software AG. While it was initially designed for large IBM mainframe systems (e.g. S/370 in the late 1970s), it has been ported to numerous other platforms over the last few years such as several flavors of Unix including AIX. ADABAS stores its data in tables (and is thus "relational") but also uses some non-relational techniques, such as multiple values and periodic groups.
7 letter words containing abas
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abashes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of abash.
- abasing — Present participle of abase.
- babassu — a Brazilian palm tree, Orbignya martiana (or O. speciosa), having hard edible nuts that yield an oil used in making soap, margarine, etc
- casabas — a variety of the winter melon, Cucumis melo inodorus, having a wrinkled, yellow rind and sweet, juicy, greenish flesh.
8 letter words containing abas
- abasedly — in an abased manner
- abashing — Present participle of abash.
- abastard — To abastardize. (Attested from the early 17th century until the mid 17th century.).
- anabases — any small fish of the genus Anabas, of ponds and swamps in Africa and southeastern Asia.
- anabasis — the march of Cyrus the Younger and his Greek mercenaries from Sardis to Cunaxa in Babylonia in 401 bc, described by Xenophon in his Anabasis
9 letter words containing abas
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abashless — unabashed
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- alabaster — Alabaster is a white stone that is used for making statues, vases, and ornaments.
10 letter words containing abas
- abasements — Plural form of abasement.
- alabastron — a jar characteristically having an elongated shape, narrow neck, flat-rimmed mouth, and rounded base requiring a stand or support, chiefly used for fragrant ointments.
- alabastrum — alabastron.
- athabascan — a family of languages spoken by American Indians in most of inland northwest Canada and Alaska, in coastal Oregon and California, and in Arizona and the Rio Grande basin, and including especially Navajo, Apache, and Chipewyan. Compare family (def 14).
- athabaskan — a family of North American Indian languages, including Chipewyan, Hupa, and Navajo
11 letter words containing abas
- abashedness — (rare) The state of being abashed; abashment. (Mid 16th century.).
- abastardize — (transitive, obsolete) To stigmatize as a bastard; debase. (Attested from the late 16th century until the late 17th century.).
- alabastrine — a finely granular variety of gypsum, often white and translucent, used for ornamental objects or work, such as lamp bases, figurines, etc.
- contrabasso — (music) The largest kind of bass viol.
- geodatabase — (geography, computing) A database containing geographical and spatial data.
12 letter words containing abas
- contrabasses — Plural form of contrabass.
13 letter words containing abas
14 letter words containing abas
16 letter words containing abas
- contrabassoonist — Someone who plays the contrabassoon.
On this page, we collect all words with ABAS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 129 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ABAS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.