Words containing p, e
3 letter words containing p, e
- ape — Apes are chimpanzees, gorillas, and other animals in the same family.
4 letter words containing p, e
- apec — Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
- aped — any of a group of anthropoid primates characterized by long arms, a broad chest, and the absence of a tail, comprising the family Pongidae (great ape) which includes the chimpanzee, gorilla, and orangutan, and the family Hylobatidae (lesser ape) which includes the gibbon and siamang.
- apex — An Apex or an Apex ticket is a ticket for a journey by air or rail which costs less than the standard ticket, but which you have to book a specified period in advance.
- apse — a domed or vaulted semicircular or polygonal recess, esp at the east end of a church
5 letter words containing p, e
- adept — Someone who is adept at something can do it skilfully.
- aesop — ?620–564 bc, Greek author of fables in which animals are given human characters and used to satirize human failings
- agape — If you describe someone as having their mouth agape, their mouth is open very wide, often because they are very surprised by something.
- aleph — the first letter in the Hebrew alphabet (א) articulated as a glottal stop and transliterated with a superior comma (')
- alope — a daughter of Cercyon who was raped by Poseidon and bore a son, Hippothous.
6 letter words containing p, e
- accept — If you accept something that you have been offered, you say yes to it or agree to take it.
- aerope — the wife of Atreus, seduced by her brother-in-law Thyestes.
- agapae — the love of God or Christ for humankind.
- aleppo — an ancient city in NW Syria: industrial and commercial centre; scene of heavy fighting from 2012 between various rebel forces and army units loyal to President Bashar al-Assad. Pop: 2 505 000 (2005 est)
- aliped — (of bats and similar animals) having the digits connected by a winglike membrane
7 letter words containing p, e
- acaleph — any of the coelenterates of the former taxonomic group Acalephae, which included the jellyfishes
- adapted — If something is adapted to a particular situation or purpose, it is especially suitable for it.
- adapter — a person or thing that adapts
- adeptly — very skilled; proficient; expert: an adept juggler.
- adipate — a salt or ester of adipic acid.
8 letter words containing p, e
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- accepted — Accepted ideas are agreed by most people to be correct or reasonable.
- acceptee — a person who has been accepted, or has accepted a position
9 letter words containing p, e
- acceptant — receiving willingly; receptive
- accepting — amenable; open: She was always more accepting of coaching suggestions than her teammates.
- acceptive — ready or willing to accept
- accipiter — any hawk of the genus Accipiter, typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
- acephalic — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct
10 letter words containing p, e
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acatalepsy — the state of being impossible to conceive or understand
- acceptable — Acceptable activities and situations are those that most people approve of or consider to be normal.
11 letter words containing p, e
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acataleptic — not able to be understood or conceived.
- acceptation — the accepted meaning, as of a word, phrase, etc
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
12 letter words containing p, e
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- adaptiveness — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
13 letter words containing p, e
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- accompaniment — The accompaniment to a song or tune is the music that is played at the same time as it and forms a background to it.
14 letter words containing p, e
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
15 letter words containing p, e
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
16 letter words containing p, e
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing p, e
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
18 letter words containing p, e
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
19 letter words containing p, e
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing p, e
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
21 letter words containing p, e
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
23 letter words containing p, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with P, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 53394 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains P, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.