Words containing c, e, l
4 letter words containing c, e, l
5 letter words containing c, e, l
6 letter words containing c, e, l
- accel. — accelerando
- acetal — 1,1-diethoxyethane; a colourless volatile liquid used as a solvent and in perfumes. Formula: CH3CH(OC2H5)2
- acetyl — of, consisting of, or containing the monovalent group CH3CO-
- aculei — Also, acus. the modified ovipositor or sting of certain hymenopterous insects.
- aeolic — of or relating to the Aeolians or their dialect
7 letter words containing c, e, l
- acaleph — any of the coelenterates of the former taxonomic group Acalephae, which included the jellyfishes
- acerola — a small tree or shrub, Malpighia glabra, that grows in the rainforests of N South America, Central America, and Jamaica
- acolyte — An acolyte is a follower or assistant of an important person.
- actable — that can be acted
- aculeus — a prickle or spine, such as the thorn of a rose
8 letter words containing c, e, l
- abjectly — utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty.
- acauline — having no stem
- accolade — If someone is given an accolade, something is done or said about them which shows how much people admire them.
- aceldama — the place near Jerusalem that was bought with the 30 pieces of silver paid to Judas for betraying Jesus (Matthew 27:8; Acts 1:19)
- acetylic — of, relating to, or characteristic of the acetyl group.
9 letter words containing c, e, l
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- ablactate — to wean.
- accentual — of, relating to, or having accents; rhythmic
- acclaimed — publicly acknowledged as excellent
10 letter words containing c, e, l
11 letter words containing c, e, l
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acatalectic — having the necessary number of feet or syllables, esp having a complete final foot
- acataleptic — not able to be understood or conceived.
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
12 letter words containing c, e, l
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
13 letter words containing c, e, l
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
14 letter words containing c, e, l
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
15 letter words containing c, e, l
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
16 letter words containing c, e, l
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
17 letter words containing c, e, l
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
- anti-intellectual — hostile to or opposed to intellectual persons or matters, ideas, activities, etc.
18 letter words containing c, e, l
19 letter words containing c, e, l
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
20 letter words containing c, e, l
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
21 letter words containing c, e, l
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
23 letter words containing c, e, l
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
24 letter words containing c, e, l
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with C, E, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 34830 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, E, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.