Words containing c, a, t
3 letter words containing c, a, t
- act — When you act, you do something for a particular purpose.
4 letter words containing c, a, t
- acta — an official record of public events
- actg — acting
- acth — adrenocorticotrophic hormone; a polypeptide hormone, secreted by the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland, that stimulates growth of the adrenal gland and the synthesis and secretion of corticosteroids. It is used in treating rheumatoid arthritis, allergic and skin diseases, and many other disorders
- acto — a short, realistic play, usually in Spanish, that dramatizes the social and economic problems of Chicanos.
- acts — a book of the New Testament, ascribed to Luke
5 letter words containing c, a, t
- acet- — aceto-
- acted — anything done, being done, or to be done; deed; performance: a heroic act.
- actin — a protein that participates in many kinds of cell movement, including muscle contraction, during which it interacts with filaments of a second protein, myosin
- actis — a son of Rhoda and Helius who, when banished from his home for fratricide, fled to Egypt, where he taught astrology. The Colossus of Rhodes was built in his honor.
- acton — a jacket or jerkin, originally of quilted cotton, worn under a coat of mail
6 letter words containing c, a, t
- abduct — If someone is abducted by another person, he or she is taken away illegally, usually using force.
- abject — You use abject to emphasize that a situation or quality is extremely bad.
- accent — Someone who speaks with a particular accent pronounces the words of a language in a distinctive way that shows which country, region, or social class they come from.
- accept — If you accept something that you have been offered, you say yes to it or agree to take it.
- accost — If someone accosts another person, especially a stranger, they stop them or go up to them and speak to them in a way that seems rude or threatening.
7 letter words containing c, a, t
- abacist — a person skilled in using an abacus.
- abiotic — of nonliving substances or environmental factors
- abreact — to alleviate (emotional tension) through abreaction
- acantha — a pointed, projecting structure, such as a thorn or prickle
- accosts — to confront boldly: The beggar accosted me for money.
8 letter words containing c, a, t
9 letter words containing c, a, t
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- abjection — an abject state or condition
- abjective — tending to degrade, humiliate, or demoralize: the abjective influences of his early life.
10 letter words containing c, a, t
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- abdicative — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abjunction — the act of cutting off part of a mycelium or spore by forming a septum
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
11 letter words containing c, a, t
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- abranchiate — having no gills
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
12 letter words containing c, a, t
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
13 letter words containing c, a, t
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
14 letter words containing c, a, t
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
15 letter words containing c, a, t
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
16 letter words containing c, a, t
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
17 letter words containing c, a, t
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
18 letter words containing c, a, t
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
19 letter words containing c, a, t
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
20 letter words containing c, a, t
23 letter words containing c, a, t
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with C, A, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 42715 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, A, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.