Words containing c, a, e, r, n
5 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- ancre — having the end of each limb divided and carved outward like the flukes of an anchor; moline: a cross ancré.
- caner — a person who regularly indulges in excessive drinking or drug-taking
- caren — a female given name.
- carne — Marcel (marsɛl). 1906–96, French film director. His films include Le Jour se lève (1939), Les Portes de la nuit (1946), and La Bible (1976)
6 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- arcane — Something that is arcane is secret or mysterious.
- cancer — Cancer is one of the twelve signs of the zodiac. Its symbol is a crab. People who are born approximately between the 21st of June and the 22nd of July come under this sign.
- canker — A canker is something evil that spreads and affects things or people.
- canner — a person or organization whose job is to can foods
- canter — When a horse canters, it moves at a speed that is slower than a gallop but faster than a trot.
7 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- acarine — any of numerous arachnids of the order Acarina, comprising the mites and ticks.
- acheron — one of the rivers in Hades over which the souls of the dead were ferried by Charon
- acrogen — any flowerless plant, such as a fern or moss, in which growth occurs from the tip of the main stem
- anergic — Pathology. deficiency of energy.
- arachne — a maiden changed into a spider for having presumptuously challenged Athena to a weaving contest
8 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- accentor — any small sparrow-like songbird of the genus Prunella, family Prunellidae, which inhabit mainly mountainous regions of Europe and Asia
- acentric — without a centre
- achernar — the brightest star in the constellation Eridanus, visible only in the S hemisphere. Visual magnitude: 0.5; spectral type: B3V; distance: 144 light years
- acridine — a colourless crystalline solid used in the manufacture of dyes. Formula: C13H9N
- acrolein — a colourless or yellowish flammable poisonous pungent liquid used in the manufacture of resins and pharmaceuticals. Formula: CH2:CHCHO
9 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- aberrance — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- aberrancy — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- accretion — An accretion is an addition to something, usually one that has been added over a period of time.
- acre-inch — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 inch; one twelfth of an acre-foot: equivalent to 3630 cubic feet or 102.8 cubic metres
10 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- abreaction — the release and expression of emotional tension associated with repressed ideas by bringing those ideas into consciousness
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
- absorbency — capable of absorbing heat, light, moisture, etc.; tending to absorb.
- accelerant — accelerating
11 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abranchiate — having no gills
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
12 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accouterment — an accoutering or being accoutered
- accoutrement — Accoutrements are all the things you have with you when you travel or when you take part in a particular activity.
- acetonitrile — a colourless organic chemical, CH3CN, used chiefly as a solvent
13 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
14 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
15 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
16 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
17 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- anti-carcinogenic — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
18 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
19 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
20 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
21 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
22 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
23 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
24 letter words containing c, a, e, r, n
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with C, A, E, R, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 17916 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, A, E, R, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.