Words containing a, m, i, l
5 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- claim — If you say that someone claims that something is true, you mean they say that it is true but you are not sure whether or not they are telling the truth.
6 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- aimful — possessing purpose or aim
- allium — any plant of the genus Allium, such as the onion, garlic, shallot, leek, or chive: family Alliaceae
- alumni — a graduate or former student of a specific school, college, or university.
- amalfi — a town in Italy: a major Mediterranean port from the 10th to the 18th century, now a resort
- amalia — a female given name.
7 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- ableism — discrimination against disabled or handicapped people
- acclaim — If someone or something is acclaimed, they are praised enthusiastically.
- admiral — An admiral is a senior officer in a navy.
- ailment — An ailment is an illness, especially one that is not very serious.
- aimless — A person or activity that is aimless has no clear purpose or plan.
8 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- aciculum — a bristlelike part; seta
- acromial — relating to the acromion
- aglimmer — glimmering
- aimfully — in an aimful manner
- alamanni — a confederation of Germanic tribes, first recorded in the 3rd century a.d., that settled in the area between the Rhine, Main, and Danube rivers, and made harassing attacks against the Roman Empire.
9 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- abdominal — Abdominal is used to describe something that is situated in the abdomen or forms part of it.
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- acclaimed — publicly acknowledged as excellent
- acclimate — When you acclimate or are acclimated to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
- actualism — the doctrine that all reality is animate or in motion.
10 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- abominable — Something that is abominable is very unpleasant or bad.
- abominably — repugnantly hateful; detestable; loathsome: an abominable crime.
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
11 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abhominable — abominable.
- abnormality — An abnormality in something, especially in a person's body or behaviour, is an unusual part or feature of it that may be worrying or dangerous.
- abnormalize — to make abnormal.
12 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
13 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
14 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
15 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
16 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
17 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anti-assimilation — the act or process of assimilating, or of absorbing information, experiences, etc.: the need for quick assimilation of the facts.
18 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
19 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- cap-de-la-madeleine — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Three Rivers, on the St. Lawrence.
20 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
22 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
25 letter words containing a, m, i, l
28 letter words containing a, m, i, l
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, M, I, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 16282 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, M, I, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.