Words containing a, d, v
4 letter words containing a, d, v
- adv. — Adv. is a written abbreviation for adverb.
- advt — advertisement
- avid — You use avid to describe someone who is very enthusiastic about something that they do.
- datv — digitally assisted television: a technique in which special digital signals are transmitted with an analogue picture signal to assist the receiver to display the picture to the best advantage
- dave — David Warren ("Dave") 1920–2012, U.S. jazz pianist and composer.
5 letter words containing a, d, v
- avdp. — avoirdupois
- avoid — If you avoid something unpleasant that might happen, you take action in order to prevent it from happening.
- davao — a port in the S Philippines, in SE Mindanao. Pop: 1 326 000 (2005 est)
- daven — to pray
- david — the second king of the Hebrews (about 1000–962 bc), who united Israel as a kingdom with Jerusalem as its capital
6 letter words containing a, d, v
- adamov — Arthur. 1908–70, French dramatist, born in Russia: one of the foremost exponents of the Theatre of the Absurd. His plays include Le Professeur Taranne (1953), Le Ping-Pong (1955), and Le Printemps '71 (1960)
- advect — (of air, water) to move horizontally
- advent — In the Christian church, Advent is the period between Advent Sunday, the Sunday closest to the 30th of November, and Christmas Day.
- adverb — An adverb is a word such as 'slowly', 'now', 'very', 'politically', or 'fortunately' which adds information about the action, event, or situation mentioned in a clause.
- advert — An advert is an announcement in a newspaper, on television, or on a poster about something such as a product, event, or job.
7 letter words containing a, d, v
- adivasi — a member of any of the aboriginal peoples of India
- advaita — one of the two principal Vedantic schools, asserting the existence of Brahman alone, whose appearance as the world is an illusion resulting from ignorance. Compare dvaita (def 2).
- advance — To advance means to move forward, often in order to attack someone.
- adverbs — any member of a class of words that function as modifiers of verbs or clauses, and in some languages, as Latin and English, as modifiers of adjectives, other adverbs, or adverbial phrases, as very in very nice, much in much more impressive, and tomorrow in She'll write to you tomorrow. They relate to what they modify by indicating place (I promise to be there), time (Do your homework now!), manner (She sings beautifully), circumstance (He accidentally dropped the glass when the bell rang), degree (I'm very happy to see you), or cause (I draw, although badly). See also sentence adverb.
- adverse — Adverse decisions, conditions, or effects are unfavourable to you.
8 letter words containing a, d, v
- aardvark — a nocturnal mammal, Orycteropus afer, the sole member of its family (Orycteropodidae) and order (Tubulidentata). It inhabits the grasslands of Africa, has long ears and snout, and feeds on termites
- adaptive — Adaptive means having the ability or tendency to adapt to different situations.
- additive — An additive is a substance which is added in small amounts to foods or other things in order to improve them or to make them last longer.
- adessive — a grammatical case in Finno-Ugric languages indicating place
- adhesive — An adhesive is a substance such as glue, which is used to make things stick firmly together.
9 letter words containing a, d, v
- activated — to make active; cause to function or act.
- addictive — If a drug is addictive, people who take it cannot stop taking it.
- adductive — of a nature that leads towards a change
- adjective — An adjective is a word such as 'big', 'dead', or 'financial' that describes a person or thing, or gives extra information about them. Adjectives usually come before nouns or after link verbs.
- adjustive — allowing for adjustment
10 letter words containing a, d, v
- abdicative — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- aboveboard — An arrangement or deal that is aboveboard is legal and is being carried out openly and honestly. A person who is aboveboard is open and honest about what they are doing.
- adaptively — in an adaptive manner
- adaptivity — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
11 letter words containing a, d, v
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- adjectively — Grammar. any member of a class of words that modify nouns and pronouns, primarily by describing a particular quality of the word they are modifying, as wise in a wise grandmother, or perfect in a perfect score, or handsome in He is extremely handsome. Other terms, as numbers (one cup; twelve months), certain demonstrative pronouns (this magazine; those questions), and terms that impose limits (each person; no mercy) can also function adjectivally, as can some nouns that are found chiefly in fixed phrases where they immediately precede the noun they modify, as bottle in bottle cap and bus in bus station. Synonyms: modifier, qualifier, identifier, describer, describing word.
- adjectivize — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
12 letter words containing a, d, v
13 letter words containing a, d, v
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- addictiveness — producing or tending to cause addiction: an addictive drug.
- adventuresome — Adventuresome means the same as adventurous.
- adventuristic — relating to adventurism
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
14 letter words containing a, d, v
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
- antiderivative — an indefinite integral
15 letter words containing a, d, v
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- brown-and-serve — requiring only a brief period of browning, as in an oven, before being ready to serve: brown-and-serve rolls.
- cheval-de-frise — a portable barrier of spikes, sword blades, etc, used to obstruct the passage of cavalry
16 letter words containing a, d, v
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- chevaux-de-frise — plural of cheval-de-frise.
- conventionalised — to make conventional.
- conventionalized — to make conventional.
17 letter words containing a, d, v
- consumer-advocate — Also called consumer advocate. a person who is dedicated to protecting and promoting the welfare and rights of consumers.
- contradistinctive — distinction by opposition or contrast: plants and animals in contradistinction to humans.
- denial-of-service — pertaining to or being an incident in which a computer or computer network is disabled, disrupting access or service: a website hit by a denial-of-service attack; unintentional denial-of-service problems.
- developmentalists — an expert in or advocate of developmental psychology.
- gustavus-adolphus — (Gustavus Adolphus) 1778–1837, king of Sweden 1792–1809 (son of Gustavus III).
18 letter words containing a, d, v
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- hemidemisemiquaver — a sixty-fourth note.
- nominative-address — a noun naming the person to whom one is speaking.
- non-discriminative — constituting a particular quality, trait, or difference; characteristic; notable.
- overidentification — an act or instance of identifying; the state of being identified.
19 letter words containing a, d, v
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- individualistically — a person who shows great independence or individuality in thought or action.
- most-favored-nation — of or relating to the status, treatment, terms, etc., that are embodied in or conferred by a most-favored-nation clause.
21 letter words containing a, d, v
22 letter words containing a, d, v
- over-industrialization — the large-scale introduction of manufacturing, advanced technical enterprises, and other productive economic activity into an area, society, country, etc.
23 letter words containing a, d, v
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
27 letter words containing a, d, v
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, V. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4925 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, V that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.