Words containing a, d, u
4 letter words containing a, d, u
- aude — a department of S France on the Gulf of Lions, in Languedoc-Roussillon region. Capital: Carcassonne. Pop: 321 734 (2003 est). Area: 6342 sq km (2473 sq miles)
- auld — old
- baud — a unit used to measure the speed of electronic code transmissions, equal to one unit interval per second
- buda — an old man
- cuda — a barracuda.
5 letter words containing a, d, u
- adieu — Adieu means the same as goodbye.
- adour — a river in SW France, flowing N from the Pyrenees and then W to the Bay of Biscay. 210 miles (338 km) long.
- adsum — I am present
- adult — An adult is a mature, fully developed person. An adult has reached the age when they are legally responsible for their actions.
- adunc — hooked; curved inward
6 letter words containing a, d, u
- abboud — Ibrahim [ib-rah-heem] /ɪb rɑˈhim/ (Show IPA), 1900–1983, Sudanese army general and statesman: prime minister 1958–64.
- abduce — to abduct
- abduct — If someone is abducted by another person, he or she is taken away illegally, usually using force.
- abound — If things abound, or if a place abounds with things, there are very large numbers of them.
- absurd — If you say that something is absurd, you are criticizing it because you think that it is ridiculous or that it does not make sense.
7 letter words containing a, d, u
- abluted — washed thoroughly
- abutted — to be adjacent; touch or join at the edge or border (often followed by on, upon, or against): This piece of land abuts on a street.
- acaudal — having no tail
- accrued — to happen or result as a natural growth, addition, etc.
- accused — You can use the accused to refer to a person or a group of people charged with a crime or on trial for it.
8 letter words containing a, d, u
9 letter words containing a, d, u
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- aboudikro — the wood of a sapele.
- abounding — to occur or exist in great quantities or numbers: a stream in which trout abound.
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
10 letter words containing a, d, u
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- abdul-aziz — 1830-76; sultan of Turkey (1861-76)
- absurdness — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- abundantly — If something is abundantly clear, it is extremely obvious.
- accoutered — to equip or outfit, especially with military clothes, equipment, etc.
11 letter words containing a, d, u
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- accentuated — to give emphasis or prominence to.
- accordatura — the notes to which a stringed instrument is tuned.
- accumulated — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
12 letter words containing a, d, u
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- acculturated — Simple past tense and past participle of acculturate.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- acid-tongued — bitingly critical or sarcastic; sharp-tongued: a critic famous for his acid-tongued reviews.
- adequateness — the quality of being adequate
13 letter words containing a, d, u
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- adjustability — ability to adjust
- admeasurement — the act of admeasuring
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
14 letter words containing a, d, u
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
15 letter words containing a, d, u
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
16 letter words containing a, d, u
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- autodidactically — a person who has learned a subject without the benefit of a teacher or formal education; a self-taught person.
- bread-and-butter — providing a livelihood or basic source of income; supplying the basic needs of life: a bread-and-butter job; the agency's bread-and-butter account.
- caducibranchiate — (of many amphibians, such as frogs) having gills during one stage of the life cycle only
17 letter words containing a, d, u
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
18 letter words containing a, d, u
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
19 letter words containing a, d, u
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
20 letter words containing a, d, u
22 letter words containing a, d, u
23 letter words containing a, d, u
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15087 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.