Words containing a, d, l, i
4 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- dali — Salvador (ˈsælvədɔː). 1904–89, Spanish surrealist painter
5 letter words containing a, d, l, i
6 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- acidly — Chemistry. a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
- ad-lib — If you ad-lib something in a play or a speech, you say something which has not been planned or written beforehand.
- aedile — a magistrate of ancient Rome in charge of public works, games, buildings, and roads
- afield — away from one's usual surroundings or home (esp in the phrase far afield)
- aldine — relating to Aldus Manutius (1450–1515), Italian printer, or to his editions of the classics
7 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- adagial — proverbial
- adaxial — facing towards the axis, as the surface of a leaf that faces the stem
- addling — mentally confused; muddled.
- adelgid — any of various homopterous insects of the family Adelgidae, as Adelges abietis (spruce gall aphid) and Pineus pinifoliae (pine leaf aphid) that feed and form galls on conifers.
- adeline — a feminine name: var. Adelina, Aline
8 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- adelaide — the capital of South Australia: Port Adelaide, 11 km (7 miles) away on St Vincent Gulf, handles the bulk of exports. Pop: 1 225 235 (2011)
- adlerian — of or relating to Alfred Adler or his ideas
- adlibbed — to improvise all or part of (a speech, a piece of music, etc.): to ad-lib one's lines.
- adroitly — expert or nimble in the use of the hands or body.
9 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abdominal — Abdominal is used to describe something that is situated in the abdomen or forms part of it.
- abuilding — in the process of being built or building
- acclaimed — publicly acknowledged as excellent
- acetylide — any of a class of carbides in which the carbon is present as a diatomic divalent ion (C22–). They are formally derivatives of acetylene
10 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdul-aziz — 1830-76; sultan of Turkey (1861-76)
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- academical — academic.
- accidental — An accidental event happens by chance or as the result of an accident, and is not deliberately intended.
11 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- able-bodied — An able-bodied person is physically strong and healthy, rather than being weak or having a disability.
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
12 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accreditable — having the ability to be accredited
13 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- additionality — (in Britain) the principle that money raised by the National Lottery should only be spent on projects that would not otherwise be funded by government spending
- adiabatically — in an adiabetic manner
14 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
15 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
16 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
17 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
- bitter-almond-oil — Also called sweet almond oil, expressed almond oil. a colorless to pale yellow fatty oil expressed from the seeds of the sweet almond, used in preparing perfumes and confections.
- board-and-shingle — a small dwelling with wooden walls and a shingle roof
18 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- conditionalization — the derivation from an argument of a conditional statement with the conjunction of the premises as antecedent and the conclusion as consequent. If the argument is valid, conditionalization yields a truth
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
19 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
21 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
23 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
25 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing a, d, l, i
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, L, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15582 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, L, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.