Words containing a, c, l, i
5 letter words containing a, c, l, i
6 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- abulic — a symptom of mental disorder involving impairment or loss of volition.
- achill — an island off the coast of NW Ireland. 14 miles (23 km) long; 11 miles (18 km) wide.
- acidly — Chemistry. a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
- aculei — Also, acus. the modified ovipositor or sting of certain hymenopterous insects.
- aeolic — of or relating to the Aeolians or their dialect
7 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- acclaim — If someone or something is acclaimed, they are praised enthusiastically.
- achiral — able to be superimposed on its mirror image
- acholia — a condition involving partial or complete lack of bile secretion
- acholic — lack of a secretion of bile.
- acicula — a needle-shaped part, such as a spine, prickle, or crystal
8 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- abapical — away from or opposite the apex
- acauline — having no stem
- acetylic — of, relating to, or characteristic of the acetyl group.
- achilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- achillea — any plant of the N temperate genus Achillea, with white, yellow, or purple flowers, some species of which are widely grown as garden plants: family Asteraceae (composites)
9 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- aaronical — Aaronic.
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- acalculia — an inability to make simple mathematical calculations
10 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- academical — academic.
- acausality — having no cause.
- accessible — If a place or building is accessible to people, it is easy for them to reach it or get into it. If an object is accessible, it is easy to reach.
- accessibly — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
11 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- abiological — not involving living organisms
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- acatalectic — having the necessary number of feet or syllables, esp having a complete final foot
12 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- academically — in relation to an academy
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
13 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
14 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
15 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
16 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
17 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
18 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
19 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
20 letter words containing a, c, l, i
21 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
23 letter words containing a, c, l, i
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, L, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 23885 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, L, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.