Words starting with z
1 letter words starting with z
- z — the 26th letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- z boson — one of three particles, called intermediate vector bosons, that are believed to transmit the weak force. Symbol: Z 0.
- z bosons — one of three particles, called intermediate vector bosons, that are believed to transmit the weak force. Symbol: Z 0.
- z chart — a chart often used in industry and constructed by plotting on it three series: monthly, weekly, or daily data, the moving annual total, and the cumulative total dating from the beginning of the current year
- z particle — one of three particles, called intermediate vector bosons, that are believed to transmit the weak force. Symbol: Z 0.
2 letter words starting with z
3 letter words starting with z
- z's — sleep (often used with grab, catch, etc.): to grab some z's before dinner.
- zaa — The letter \u0638 in the Arabic script.
- zac — (Australia slang) A sixpence; (sometimes, after decimalisation) a five-cent coin.
- zag — to move in one of the two directions followed in a zigzag course: First we zigged, then we zagged, trying to avoid the bull.
- zak — a male given name, form of Zachary or Zachariah.
4 letter words starting with z
5 letter words starting with z
- z-bar — a steel bar with a Z -shaped section, used in building construction.
- zacks — Plural form of zack.
- zadar — a seaport in W Croatia, on the Adriatic: formerly, with surrounding territory, an exclave of Italy.
- zadok — a priest at the time of David and Solomon. I Sam. 15:34–37; I Kings 1:7, 8.
- zahir — (Islam) The external or apparent meaning of the Qur'an.
6 letter words starting with z
- z-axis — (in a three-dimensional Cartesian coordinate system) the axis along which values of z are measured and at which both x and y equal zero.
- za-zen — meditation in a prescribed, cross-legged posture.
- zaatar — any of several related Mediterranean herbs, as wild marjoram or thyme.
- zabrze — a city in SW Poland: formerly in Germany.
- zaddik — a person of outstanding virtue and piety.
7 letter words starting with z
8 letter words starting with z
- zaanstad — a port in the W Netherlands, in North Holland: formed (1974) from Zaandam, Koog a/d Zaan, Zaandijk, Wormerveer, Krommenie, Westzaan, and Assendelft; food and machinery industries. Pop: 139 000 (2003 est)
- zaddikim — a person of outstanding virtue and piety.
- zaharias — Mildred Didrikson [did-rik-suh n] /ˈdɪd rɪk sən/ (Show IPA), ("Babe") 1914–56, U.S. track-and-field athlete and golfer.
- zaibatsu — a great industrial or financial combination of Japan.
- zamenhof — Lazarus Ludwig (laˈzarus ˈludvik). 1859–1917, Polish oculist; invented Esperanto
9 letter words starting with z
10 letter words starting with z
11 letter words starting with z
- zanthoxylum — any rutaceous shrub or tree of the genus Zanthoxylum, of temperate and subtropical E Asia and North America: includes the prickly ash and the West Indian yellowwood (or satinwood)
- zarathustra — Zoroaster.
- zauschneria — Epilobium canum, a North American willowherb.
- zealousness — full of, characterized by, or due to zeal; ardently active, devoted, or diligent. Synonyms: enthusiastic, eager, fervid, fervent, intense, passionate, warm. Antonyms: apathetic; lackadaisical.
- zend-avesta — the Avesta together with the Zend.
12 letter words starting with z
- zalambdodont — (zoology) Having teeth with two ridges that meet at an angle, forming the letter lambda.
- zantedeschia — (botany) Any of the genus Zantedeschia of herbaceous flowering plants in the family Araceae, native to southern Africa.
- zephyranthes — any of various bulbous plants belonging to the genus Zephyranthes, of the amaryllis family, as Z. grandiflora, having showy rose or pink flowers.
- zeptoseconds — Plural form of zeptosecond.
- zero-divisor — a nonzero element of a ring such that its product with some other nonzero element of the ring equals zero.
13 letter words starting with z
14 letter words starting with z
- zero-tolerance — a policy of very strict, uncompromising enforcement of rules or laws.
- zingiberaceous — belonging to the Zingiberaceae, the ginger family of plants.
- zinziberaceous — zingiberaceous.
- zooflagellates — Plural form of zooflagellate.
- zoroastrianism — an Iranian religion, founded c600 b.c. by Zoroaster, the principal beliefs of which are in the existence of a supreme deity, Ahura Mazda, and in a cosmic struggle between a spirit of good, Spenta Mainyu, and a spirit of evil, Angra Mainyu.
15 letter words starting with z
16 letter words starting with z
17 letter words starting with z
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter Z. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1253 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with Z. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.