Words starting with water
5 letter words starting with water
- water — a liquid solution or preparation, especially one used for cosmetic purposes: lavender water; lemon water.
- water arum — an aquatic arum plant, Calla palustris, of the North Temperate Zone, having heart-shaped leaves, tiny green flowers, and red berries.
- water ash — hoptree.
- water authority — an official body which is responsible for providing water
- water back — a reservoir or arrangement of tubing at the back of certain stoves or fireplaces for containing water to be heated by the fire.
6 letter words starting with water
- waters — a transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid, a compound of hydrogen and oxygen, H 2 O, freezing at 32°F or 0°C and boiling at 212°F or 100°C, that in a more or less impure state constitutes rain, oceans, lakes, rivers, etc.: it contains 11.188 percent hydrogen and 88.812 percent oxygen, by weight.
- watery — pertaining to or connected with water: watery Neptune.
- waters break/break sb's waters — When a pregnant woman's waters break, the fluid in her womb that surrounds the baby passes out of her body, showing that the baby is ready to be born. A doctor or midwife can break a woman's waters so that the birth can begin.
7 letter words starting with water
- watered — of or relating to water in any way: a water journey.
- wateree — a river in South Carolina, the lower portion of the Catawba River, joining with the Congaree River to form the Santee River. Compare Catawba (def 2).
- waterer — Agent noun of the verb, to water; one who waters.
- watered silk — silk with a wavy lustrous finish
8 letter words starting with water
- waterage — the transportation of cargo by means of ships, or the charges for such transportation
- waterbed — a bed having a liquid-filled rubber or plastic mattress in a rigid, often heated, waterproof frame, and providing a surface that conforms to the sleeper's body in any position.
- waterboy — Alternative spelling of water boy.
- waterbus — Alternative spelling of water bus.
- waterdog — any of several large salamanders, as a mudpuppy or hellbender.
9 letter words starting with water
- water-bus — vaporetto.
- water-ski — to plane over water on water skis or a water ski by grasping a towing rope pulled by a speedboat.
- waterbeds — Plural form of waterbed.
- waterbird — A bird that frequents water, especially one that habitually wades or swims in fresh water.
- waterbody — Any significant accumulation of water, usually covering the Earth or another planet, such as a river, lake or a bay.
10 letter words starting with water
- water-bath — a system for the control of temperature in which a vessel containing the material to be heated is set into or over one containing water and receiving the heat directly.
- water-cool — to cool by means of water, especially by water circulating in pipes or a water jacket, as an engine or machine gun.
- water-fast — (of a color or dye) resistant to the effects caused by water; not changed or faded by the action of water.
- water-free — containing no water
- water-inch — the quantity of water (approx. 500 cubic feet) discharged in 24 hours through a circular opening of one inch diameter leading from a reservoir in which the water is constantly only high enough to cover the orifice.
11 letter words starting with water
12 letter words starting with water
- water-budget — (formerly) a leather bag suspended at each end of a pole or yoke and used for carrying water.
- water-cooled — kept from overheating by having water circulated around or through it, as in pipes or a water jacket
- water-harden — to quench (steel) in water.
- water-jacket — to surround or fit with a water jacket.
- water-locked — enclosed entirely, or almost entirely, by water: a waterlocked nation.
13 letter words starting with water
- water-proofed — impervious to water.
- water-soaking — to soak or saturate with water.
- water-soluble — capable of dissolving in water.
- waterboarding — a harsh interrogation technique in which water is poured onto the face and head of the immobilized victim so as to induce a fear of drowning.
- watercolorist — a pigment for which water and not oil is used as the vehicle.
14 letter words starting with water
- watercolourist — An artist who paints watercolours.
- waterproofness — The property of being waterproof.
- watertightness — constructed or fitted so tightly as to be impervious to water: The ship had six watertight compartments.
- water-vascular system — a system of closed, fluid-filled tubes and ducts of echinoderms used in clinging, locomotion, feeding, and respiration.
15 letter words starting with water
16 letter words starting with water
- waterton-glacier international peace park — an international park in SW Canada and NW Montana, jointly administered by Canada and the U.S. since 1932 and encompassing Waterton Lakes National Park (Canada) and Glacier National Park (U.S.). 1584 sq. mi. (4102 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words starting with WATER. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 361 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with WATER. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.