- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of watercolour word
- noun watercolour A water-soluble pigment. 1
- variable noun watercolour Watercolours are coloured paints, used for painting pictures, which you apply with a wet brush or dissolve in water first. 0
- countable noun watercolour A watercolour is a picture which has been painted with watercolours. 0
- noun watercolour water-soluble pigment, applied in transparent washes and without the admixture of white pigment in the lighter tones 0
- noun watercolour any water-soluble pigment, including opaque kinds such as gouache and tempera 0
- noun watercolour a painting done in watercolours 0
Information block about the term
Parts of speech for Watercolour
A pretty common term. Usually people know it’s meaning, but prefer to use a more spread out synonym. About 55% of English native speakers know the meaning and use word.
This word is included in each student's vocabulary. Most likely there is at least one movie with this word in the title.
Synonyms for watercolour
- gouache — a technique of painting with opaque watercolors prepared with gum.
- painting — a substance composed of solid coloring matter suspended in a liquid medium and applied as a protective or decorative coating to various surfaces, or to canvas or other materials in producing a work of art.
- picture — a visual representation of a person, object, or scene, as a painting, drawing, photograph, etc.: I carry a picture of my grandchild in my wallet.
- poster paint — an opaque, water-based, typically bright-colored paint with a glue-size or gum binder, that is suitable for use on posters and is usually packaged in jars.
- tempera — a technique of painting in which an emulsion consisting of water and pure egg yolk or a mixture of egg and oil is used as a binder or medium, characterized by its lean film-forming properties and rapid drying rate.
Top questions with watercolour
- how to paint portraits in watercolour?
- how to paint watercolour clouds?
- how to paint a watercolour portrait?
- watercolour pencils how to use?
- how to paint a portrait in watercolour?
- how to paint birds in watercolour?
- how to paint eyes in watercolour?
- which watercolour paints are best?
- how to colour with watercolour pencils?
- how to paint watercolour skies?
- how to paint a face in watercolour?
- how to frame a watercolour painting?
- how to paint watercolour roses?
- how to paint landscapes in watercolour?
- how to do a watercolour wash?
- Words starting with w
- Words starting with wa
- Words starting with wat
- Words starting with wate
- Words starting with water
- Words starting with waterc
- Words starting with waterco
- Words starting with watercol
- Words starting with watercolo
- Words starting with watercolou
- Words starting with watercolour
- Words containing the letters w
- Words containing the letters w,a
- Words containing the letters w,a,t
- Words containing the letters w,a,t,e
- Words containing the letters w,a,t,e,r
- Words containing the letters w,a,t,e,r,c
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?