Words starting with ta
2 letter words starting with ta
3 letter words starting with ta
- tab — ht
- tac — 1. Translator Assembler-Compiler. For Philco 2000. 2. Terminal Access Controller.
- tad — a male given name, form of Thaddeus or Theodore.
- tae — to.
- taf — a substance, consisting of protein and nucleic acid developed in a malignant tumor, that stimulates the formation of capillaries for nourishing the tumor and carrying off its waste matter
4 letter words starting with ta
- taal — an active volcano in the Philippines, on SW Luzon, on an island in Taal Lake: eruptions 1749, 1873, 1911. 1050 feet (320 meters).
- tabi — a covering for the foot, similar to a sock, having a separate pouchlike stall for the large toe, worn especially in Japan, often with zoris.
- tabs — tabloid (def 1).
- tabu — to put under a taboo; prohibit or forbid. Synonyms: prohibit, ban, forbid, proscribe. Antonyms: allow, permit, sanction.
- tace — tasset.
5 letter words starting with ta
6 letter words starting with ta
- tabard — a loose outer garment, sleeveless or with short sleeves, especially one worn by a knight over his armor and usually emblazoned with his arms.
- tabari — Muhammad ibn Jarir al-. 838–923 ad, Arab scholar, whose works include a history of the world from the Creation to 915 ad and a commentary on the Koran
- tabbed — a small flap, strap, loop, or similar appendage, as on a garment, used for pulling, hanging, or decoration.
- tablas — a small drum or pair of drums of India tuned to different pitches and played with the hands.
- tabled — an article of furniture consisting of a flat, slablike top supported on one or more legs or other supports: a kitchen table; an operating table; a pool table.
7 letter words starting with ta
- tabanid — any of numerous bloodsucking flies of the family Tabanidae, comprising the deer flies and horse flies.
- tabaret — a durable silk or acetate fabric having alternating stripes of satin and moiré, for drapery and upholstery.
- tabasco — a state in SE Mexico, on the Gulf of Campeche. 9783 sq. mi. (25,338 sq. km). Capital: Villahermosa.
- tabbing — a small flap, strap, loop, or similar appendage, as on a garment, used for pulling, hanging, or decoration.
- tabetic — Also, tabid [tab-id] /ˈtæb ɪd/ (Show IPA). pertaining to or affected with tabes.
8 letter words starting with ta
- ta'ziyah — a passion play commemorating the martyrdom of Hussein, grandson of Muhammad and son of Ali and Fatima, on the tenth of Muharram, a.d. 680.
- tab-hang — to eavesdrop
- tabbinet — a fabric resembling poplin, made of silk and wool and usually given a watered finish.
- tabering — a small drum formerly used to accompany oneself on a pipe or fife.
- tableaux — a picture, as of a scene.
9 letter words starting with ta
- tabbouleh — a salad of fine-ground bulgur, parsley, tomatoes, green onions, mint, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- tabescent — wasting away; becoming emaciated or consumed.
- tablature — Music. any of various systems of music notation using letters, numbers, or other signs to indicate the strings, frets, keys, etc., to be played.
- table-hop — to move about in a restaurant, nightclub, or the like, chatting with people at various tables.
- tableland — an elevated and generally level region of considerable extent; plateau.
10 letter words starting with ta
- tabernacle — any place or house of worship, especially one designed for a large congregation.
- table-side — the area around or beside a table.
- tablecloth — a cloth for covering the top of a table, especially during a meal.
- tablespoon — a spoon larger than a teaspoon or a dessert spoon, used in serving food at the table and as a standard measuring unit in recipes.
- tabletting — a number of sheets of writing paper, business forms, etc., fastened together at the edge; pad.
11 letter words starting with ta
- tabernacles — any place or house of worship, especially one designed for a large congregation.
- taboparesis — the occurrence of two conditions (general paresis and tabes dorsalis) at the same time
- tabularised — to tabulate.
- tabularized — to tabulate.
- tacheometer — a type of theodolite designed for the rapid measurement of distances, elevations, and directions
12 letter words starting with ta
- tactlessness — lacking tact; showing no tact; undiplomatic; offendingly blunt: a tactless remark.
- tadzhikistan — a republic in central Asia, N of Afghanistan. 55,240 sq. mi. (143,600 sq. km). Capital: Dushanbe.
- tale-telling — a telltale; talebearer.
- tallahatchie — a river in N Mississippi, flowing SW and joining the Yalobusha River to form the Yazoo River. 230 miles (371 km) long.
- tangentially — pertaining to or of the nature of a tangent; being or moving in the direction of a tangent.
13 letter words starting with ta
- table--d-hote — a meal of preselected courses served at a fixed time and price to the guests at a hotel or restaurant.
- table-rapping — the sounds of knocking or tapping made without any apparent physical agency while a group of people sit round a table, and attributed by spiritualists to the spirit of a dead person using this as a means of communication with the living
- table-turning — the movement of a table attributed by spiritualists to the power of spirits working through a group of persons placing their hands or fingers on the table top
- tablespoonful — the amount a tablespoon can hold.
- tachistoscope — an apparatus for use in exposing visual stimuli, as pictures, letters, or words, for an extremely brief period, used chiefly to assess visual perception or to increase reading speed.
14 letter words starting with ta
- tachyphylactic — Medicine/Medical. immediate, temporary immunization against the effects of injection of a toxic extract owing to previous small injections of the same extract.
- tam-o'-shanter — a cap of Scottish origin, usually made of wool, having a round, flat top that projects all around the head and has a pompon at its center.
15 letter words starting with ta
16 letter words starting with ta
- tamper-resistant — difficult to tamper with: a tamper-resistant cap on a medicine bottle.
17 letter words starting with ta
- take-no-prisoners — wholeheartedly aggressive; zealous; gung-ho: a businessman with a take-no-prisoners attitude toward dealmaking.
19 letter words starting with ta
- talleyrand-perigord — Charles Maurice de [sharl moh-rees duh] /ʃarl moʊˈris də/ (Show IPA), Prince de Bénévent [duh bey-ney-vahn] /də beɪ neɪˈvɑ̃/ (Show IPA), 1754–1838, French statesman.
- tangential-velocity — the component of the linear motion of a star with respect to the sun, measured along a line perpendicular to its line of sight and expressed in miles or kilometers per second.
On this page, we collect all words starting with TA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2026 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with TA. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.