Words starting with t
1 letter words starting with t
- t — the 20th letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- t cell — any of several closely related lymphocytes, developed in the thymus, that circulate in the blood and lymph and orchestrate the immune system's response to infected or malignant cells, either by lymphokine secretions or by direct contact: helper T cells recognize foreign antigen on the surfaces of other cells, then they stimulate B cells to produce antibody and signal killer T cells to destroy the antigen-displaying cells; subsequently suppressor T cells return the immune system to normal by inactivating the B cells and killer T cells.
- t distribution — Student's t distribution.
- t formation — an offensive formation in which the quarterback lines up directly behind the center with the fullback about three yards behind the quarterback and the halfbacks on opposite sides of and about one yard from the fullback.
- t hinge — cross-garnet.
2 letter words starting with t
- t- — trainer (aircraft)
- t1 — (communications) An AT&T term for a digital carrier facility used to transmit a DS1 formatted digital signal at 1.544 megabits per second. T1 transmission uses a bipolar Return To Zero alternate mark inversion line coding scheme to keep the DC carrier component from saturating the line. Although some consider T1 signaling obsolete, much equipment operates at the "T1 rate" and such signals are either combined for transmission via faster circuits, or demultiplexed into 64 kilobit per second circuits for distribution to individual subscribers. T1 signals can be transported on unshielded twisted pair telephone lines. The transmitted signal consists of pips of a few hundred nanoseconds width, each inverted with respect to the one preceding. At the sending end the signal is 1 volt, and as received, greater than 0.01 volts. This requires repeaters about every 6000 feet. The information is contained in the timing of the signals, not the polarity. When a long sequence of bits in the transmitted information would cause no pip to be sent, "bit stuffing" is used so the receiving apparatus will not lose track of the sending clock. A T1 circuit requires two twisted pair lines, one for each direction. Some newer equipment uses the two lines at half the T1 rate and in full-duplex mode; the sent and received signals are separated at each end by components collectively called a "hybrid". Although this technique requires more sophisticated equipment and lowers the line length, an advantage is that half the sent and half the received information is mixed on any one line, making low-tech wiretaps less a threat. See also Integrated Services Digital Network.
- ta — Terminal Adaptor
- ta ch'ing — Ch'ing.
3 letter words starting with t
- tab — ht
- tac — 1. Translator Assembler-Compiler. For Philco 2000. 2. Terminal Access Controller.
- tad — a male given name, form of Thaddeus or Theodore.
- tae — to.
- taf — a substance, consisting of protein and nucleic acid developed in a malignant tumor, that stimulates the formation of capillaries for nourishing the tumor and carrying off its waste matter
4 letter words starting with t
- t.r. — (Anna) Eleanor, 1884–1962, U.S. diplomat, author, and lecturer (wife of Franklin Delano Roosevelt).
- taal — an active volcano in the Philippines, on SW Luzon, on an island in Taal Lake: eruptions 1749, 1873, 1911. 1050 feet (320 meters).
- tabi — a covering for the foot, similar to a sock, having a separate pouchlike stall for the large toe, worn especially in Japan, often with zoris.
- tabs — tabloid (def 1).
- tabu — to put under a taboo; prohibit or forbid. Synonyms: prohibit, ban, forbid, proscribe. Antonyms: allow, permit, sanction.
5 letter words starting with t
- t'ang — a dynasty in China, a.d. 618–907, marked by territorial expansion, the invention of printing, and the high development of poetry.
- t-bar — a rolled metal bar or beam with a cross section resembling a T .
- t-man — a special investigator of the Department of the Treasury.
- t-rna — transfer RNA
- t-top — a car with removable roof panels.
6 letter words starting with t
- t'aint — the area between the testicles or vulva and the anus; the perineum.
- t-ball — a modified form of baseball or softball in which the ball is batted off an adjustable pole or stand.
- t-bill — a U.S. Treasury bill.
- t-bond — a U.S. Treasury bond.
- t-cell — any of several closely related lymphocytes, developed in the thymus, that circulate in the blood and lymph and orchestrate the immune system's response to infected or malignant cells, either by lymphokine secretions or by direct contact: helper T cells recognize foreign antigen on the surfaces of other cells, then they stimulate B cells to produce antibody and signal killer T cells to destroy the antigen-displaying cells; subsequently suppressor T cells return the immune system to normal by inactivating the B cells and killer T cells.
7 letter words starting with t
- t'aints — the area between the testicles or vulva and the anus; the perineum.
- t-group — sensitivity group.
- t-joint — a right-angled joint, esp one in wood, making the shape of the letter T
- t-piece — a strut or part shaped like a T
- t-plate — a metal plate shaped like a T used to strengthen or effect a right-angled joint between two beams, etc
8 letter words starting with t
- t'unghua — Tonghua.
- t-number — one of a series of calibrations of lens openings according to the intensity of the light actually transmitted by the lens. Symbol: T.
- t-shaped — having the shape of a letter T
- t-square — a T -shaped ruler, used primarily in mechanical drawing, having a short crosspiece that slides along the edge of the drawing board as a guide to the perpendicular longer section in making parallel lines, right angles, etc., and as a support for triangles.
- ta'ziyah — a passion play commemorating the martyrdom of Hussein, grandson of Muhammad and son of Ali and Fatima, on the tenth of Muharram, a.d. 680.
9 letter words starting with t
- tabbouleh — a salad of fine-ground bulgur, parsley, tomatoes, green onions, mint, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- tabescent — wasting away; becoming emaciated or consumed.
- tablature — Music. any of various systems of music notation using letters, numbers, or other signs to indicate the strings, frets, keys, etc., to be played.
- table-hop — to move about in a restaurant, nightclub, or the like, chatting with people at various tables.
- tableland — an elevated and generally level region of considerable extent; plateau.
10 letter words starting with t
- t-junction — T-shaped road intersection
- tabernacle — any place or house of worship, especially one designed for a large congregation.
- table-side — the area around or beside a table.
- tablecloth — a cloth for covering the top of a table, especially during a meal.
- tablespoon — a spoon larger than a teaspoon or a dessert spoon, used in serving food at the table and as a standard measuring unit in recipes.
11 letter words starting with t
- tabernacles — any place or house of worship, especially one designed for a large congregation.
- taboparesis — the occurrence of two conditions (general paresis and tabes dorsalis) at the same time
- tabularised — to tabulate.
- tabularized — to tabulate.
- tacheometer — a type of theodolite designed for the rapid measurement of distances, elevations, and directions
12 letter words starting with t
- t-lymphocyte — T cell.
- tactlessness — lacking tact; showing no tact; undiplomatic; offendingly blunt: a tactless remark.
- tadzhikistan — a republic in central Asia, N of Afghanistan. 55,240 sq. mi. (143,600 sq. km). Capital: Dushanbe.
- tale-telling — a telltale; talebearer.
- tallahatchie — a river in N Mississippi, flowing SW and joining the Yalobusha River to form the Yazoo River. 230 miles (371 km) long.
13 letter words starting with t
- table--d-hote — a meal of preselected courses served at a fixed time and price to the guests at a hotel or restaurant.
- table-rapping — the sounds of knocking or tapping made without any apparent physical agency while a group of people sit round a table, and attributed by spiritualists to the spirit of a dead person using this as a means of communication with the living
- table-turning — the movement of a table attributed by spiritualists to the power of spirits working through a group of persons placing their hands or fingers on the table top
- tablespoonful — the amount a tablespoon can hold.
- tachistoscope — an apparatus for use in exposing visual stimuli, as pictures, letters, or words, for an extremely brief period, used chiefly to assess visual perception or to increase reading speed.
14 letter words starting with t
- tachyphylactic — Medicine/Medical. immediate, temporary immunization against the effects of injection of a toxic extract owing to previous small injections of the same extract.
- tam-o'-shanter — a cap of Scottish origin, usually made of wool, having a round, flat top that projects all around the head and has a pompon at its center.
15 letter words starting with t
16 letter words starting with t
17 letter words starting with t
- take-no-prisoners — wholeheartedly aggressive; zealous; gung-ho: a businessman with a take-no-prisoners attitude toward dealmaking.
19 letter words starting with t
- talleyrand-perigord — Charles Maurice de [sharl moh-rees duh] /ʃarl moʊˈris də/ (Show IPA), Prince de Bénévent [duh bey-ney-vahn] /də beɪ neɪˈvɑ̃/ (Show IPA), 1754–1838, French statesman.
- tangential-velocity — the component of the linear motion of a star with respect to the sun, measured along a line perpendicular to its line of sight and expressed in miles or kilometers per second.
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15919 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with T. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.