Words starting with fer
3 letter words starting with fer
4 letter words starting with fer
5 letter words starting with fer
6 letter words starting with fer
- ferbam — an iron carbamate, C 9 H 18 FeN 3 S 6 , used chiefly as a fungicide for protecting certain farm crops.
- ferber — Edna, 1887–1968, U.S. novelist, short-story writer, and playwright.
- ferdus — Firdausi.
- fergus — Irish Legend. one of the great warrior kings of Ulster.
- ferial — Ecclesiastical. a weekday on which no feast is celebrated.
7 letter words starting with fer
- ferally — Wildly; in the manner of an undomesticated animal.
- fergana — a city in E Uzbekistan, SE of Tashkent.
- fermata — the sustaining of a note, chord, or rest for a duration longer than the indicated time value, with the length of the extension at the performer's discretion.
- fermate — the sustaining of a note, chord, or rest for a duration longer than the indicated time value, with the length of the extension at the performer's discretion.
- ferment — Also called organized ferment. any of a group of living organisms, as yeasts, molds, and certain bacteria, that cause fermentation.
8 letter words starting with fer
9 letter words starting with fer
- feracious — Producing in abundance; fertile, fruitful.
- feralized — having once been domesticated but subsequently returned to wildness
- ferberite — a mineral, ferrous tungstate, FeWO 4 , in the wolframite group: a source of tungsten.
- ferdinand — 1784–1833, king of Spain 1808, 1814–33.
- ferhoodle — to confuse or mix up: Don't ferhoodle the things in that drawer.
10 letter words starting with fer
- feretories — Plural form of feretory.
- fergiegate — the scandal resulting from a News of the World sting operation in which Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, was videotaped offering access to her former husband, Prince Andrew, for £500,000
- fermenters — Plural form of fermenter.
- fermenting — Present participle of ferment.
- fermentive — tending to cause fermentation
11 letter words starting with fer
- fergusonite — a rare-earth mineral, yttrium columbate and tantalate, found in pegmatites.
- fermentable — Also called organized ferment. any of a group of living organisms, as yeasts, molds, and certain bacteria, that cause fermentation.
- ferntickles — freckles
- ferociously — savagely fierce, as a wild beast, person, action, or aspect; violently cruel: a ferocious beating.
- ferredoxins — Plural form of ferredoxin.
12 letter words starting with fer
- fer-de-lance — a large pit viper, Bothrops atrox, of tropical America.
- ferlinghetti — Lawrence, born 1920? U.S. poet associated with the Beat Generation.
- fermentation — the act or process of fermenting.
- fermentative — tending to produce or undergo fermentation.
- ferricyanide — a salt of ferricyanic acid, as potassium ferricyanide, K 3 Fe(CN) 6 .
13 letter words starting with fer
- fermentations — Plural form of fermentation.
- fermentitious — of a fermenting nature
- ferociousness — savagely fierce, as a wild beast, person, action, or aspect; violently cruel: a ferocious beating.
- ferricyanogen — (chemistry) A hexavalent radical, Fe2(CN)12, a compound of cyanogen and iron in the ferric state.
- ferrimagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance, as a ferrite, in which the magnetic moments of some neighboring atoms point in opposite directions, with a net magnetization still resulting because of differences in magnitudes of the opposite moments.
14 letter words starting with fer
- fermentescible — capable of causing fermentation
- ferrimagnetism — (physics) a form of antiferromagnetism in which some magnetization remains below a critical temperature (the Neel temperature).
- ferroelectrics — Plural form of ferroelectric.
- ferromagnesian — (of minerals and rocks) containing iron and magnesium.
- ferromagnetism — noting or pertaining to a substance, as iron, that below a certain temperature, the Curie point, can possess magnetization in the absence of an external magnetic field; noting or pertaining to a substance in which the magnetic moments of the atoms are aligned.
15 letter words starting with fer
16 letter words starting with fer
- ferroelectricity — (physics) The electric polarization of a substance (spontaneous presence of a dipole moment) that is analagous to ferromagnetism.
17 letter words starting with fer
- ferrimagnetically — In a ferrimagnetic manner.
20 letter words starting with fer
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
On this page, we collect all words starting with FER. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 290 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with FER. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.