Words starting with chlo
7 letter words starting with chlo
- chloral — a colourless oily liquid with a pungent odour, made from chlorine and acetaldehyde and used in preparing chloral hydrate and DDT; trichloroacetaldehyde
- chloric — of or containing chlorine in the pentavalent state
- chlorid — Archaic form of chloride.
- chlorin — (organic compound) A large heterocyclic aromatic ring consisting, at the core, of three pyrroles and one pyrroline coupled through four methine linkages.
- chloro- — indicating the colour green
8 letter words starting with chlo
- chloasma — the appearance on a person's skin, esp of the face, of patches of darker colour: associated with hormonal changes caused by liver disease or the use of oral contraceptives
- chlodwig — German name of Clovis I.
- chlorate — any salt of chloric acid, containing the monovalent ion ClO3–
- chloride — Chloride is a chemical compound of chlorine and another substance.
- chlorine — Chlorine is a strong-smelling gas that is used to clean water and to make cleaning products.
9 letter words starting with chlo
- chloracne — a disfiguring skin disease that results from contact with or ingestion or inhalation of certain chlorinated aromatic hydrocarbons
- chloranil — a yellow, crystalline, water-insoluble solid, C 6 Cl 4 O 2 , used chiefly as a fungicide and as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes.
- chlorates — Plural form of chlorate.
- chlordane — a white insoluble toxic solid existing in several isomeric forms and usually used, as an insecticide, in the form of a brown impure liquid. Formula: C10H6Cl8
- chlorella — any microscopic unicellular green alga of the genus Chlorella: some species are used in the preparation of human food
10 letter words starting with chlo
- chloralism — a medical condition created by prolonged use of chloral hydrate
- chloralose — an anaesthetic and sedative composed of chloral and glucose, also used as a preparation to kill birds and rodents
- chloramine — an unstable colourless liquid with a pungent odour, made by the reaction of sodium hypochlorite and ammonia. Formula: NH2Cl
- chloridate — to expose to or prepare with a chloride
- chloridise — to change into chloride
11 letter words starting with chlo
- chloanthite — a form of nickel arsenide having commercial importance as a nickel ore
- chloracetic — an acid made by chlorinating acetic acid
- chloramines — Plural form of chloramine.
- chlordecone — a highly toxic pesticide, C 10 H 10 O, causing nerve damage in humans, that is believed to contaminate waterways: no longer widely used.
- chlorhydric — (chemistry) Alternative form of hydrochloric.
12 letter words starting with chlo
- chloralamide — (chemistry) A compound of chloral and formic amide, used to induce sleep.
- chlorambucil — an alkylating drug derived from nitrogen mustard, administered orally in the treatment of leukaemia and other malignant diseases. Formula: C14H19Cl2NO2
- chlorapatite — (mineral) A variety of apatite containing chloride instead of fluoride.
- chlorenchyma — plant tissue consisting of parenchyma cells that contain chlorophyll
- chlorimetric — of or relating to chlorimetry
13 letter words starting with chlo
- chlorargyrite — a mineral, the naturally occurring form of silver chloride, formed in the oxidation process of silver
- chlorhexidine — an antiseptic compound used in skin cleansers, mouthwashes, etc
- chlormerodrin — a white, bitter, odorless powder, ClHgN 2 H 11 O 2 , soluble in methanol and ethanol and slightly soluble in water, used in medicine as a diuretic.
- chloroacetone — a colorless, lachrymatory, poisonous liquid, C 3 H 5 ClO, used chiefly in organic synthesis and in the manufacture of insecticides and perfumes.
- chlorobenzene — a colourless volatile flammable insoluble liquid with an almond-like odour, made from chlorine and benzene and used as a solvent and in the preparation of many organic compounds, esp phenol and DDT. Formula: C6H5Cl
14 letter words starting with chlo
- chlorcyclizine — an antihistamine, C18H21ClN2, used for treating allergies
- chloritization — a conversion into or a substitution by chlorite
- chloroargyrite — a greyish-yellow or colourless soft secondary mineral consisting of silver chloride in cubic crystalline form: a source of silver. Formula: AgCl
- chlorochromate — (inorganic chemistry) The univalent anion CrClO3-, or any salt containing this anion.
- chloroethylene — vinyl chloride.
15 letter words starting with chlo
- chloramphenicol — a broad-spectrum antibiotic used esp in treating typhoid fever and rickettsial infections: obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces venezuelae or synthesized. Formula: C11H12N2O5Cl2
16 letter words starting with chlo
17 letter words starting with chlo
- chloracetophenone — chloroacetophenone.
- chloronaphthalene — either of two isomeric naphthalene compounds containing one chlorine atom.
- chlortetracycline — an antibiotic used in treating many bacterial and rickettsial infections: obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces aureofaciens. Formula: C22H23ClN2O8
18 letter words starting with chlo
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- chlorobromomethane — a clear, colorless, volatile, nonflammable liquid, CH 2 ClBr, used chiefly as an extinguishing agent in fire extinguishers and as a solvent in organic synthesis.
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
19 letter words starting with chlo
- chlorofluorocarbons — Plural form of chlorofluorocarbon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
22 letter words starting with chlo
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words starting with chlo
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
On this page, we collect all words starting with CHLO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 135 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CHLO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.