Words starting with be
2 letter words starting with be
- be — You use be with a present participle to form the continuous tenses of verbs.
- be along — to come or arrive
- be big on — large, as in size, height, width, or amount: a big house; a big quantity.
- be flat on one's back — the rear part of the human body, extending from the neck to the lower end of the spine.
- be good — do not misbehave
3 letter words starting with be
- be- — Be- can be added to a noun followed by an '-ed' suffix to form an adjective that indicates that a person is covered with or wearing the thing named.
- bea — British European Airways
- bed — A BEd is a degree which usually takes four years to complete and which qualifies someone to teach in a school. BEd is an abbreviation for 'Bachelor of Education.' Compare PGCE.
- bee — A bee is an insect with a yellow-and-black striped body that makes a buzzing noise as it flies. Bees make honey, and can sting.
- bef — British Expeditionary Force, the British armies that served in France and Belgium 1914–18 and in France 1939–40
4 letter words starting with be
- bead — Beads are small pieces of coloured glass, wood, or plastic with a hole through the middle. Beads are often put together on a piece of string or wire to make jewellery.
- beak — A bird's beak is the hard curved or pointed part of its mouth.
- beal — a god of the ancient Celts, a personification of the sun.
- beam — If you say that someone is beaming, you mean that they have a big smile on their face because they are happy, pleased, or proud about something.
- bean — Beans such as green beans, French beans, or broad beans are the seeds of a climbing plant or the long thin cases which contain those seeds.
5 letter words starting with be
- beach — A beach is an area of sand or stones beside the sea.
- beady — Beady eyes are small, round, and bright.
- beaky — having a large beak
- beale — Dorothea. 1831–1906, British schoolmistress, a champion of women's education and suffrage. As principal of Cheltenham Ladies' College (1858–1906) she introduced important reforms
- beamy — sending out beams of light; radiant; bright
6 letter words starting with be
- beachy — covered with gentle sandy slopes
- beacon — A beacon is a light or a fire, usually on a hill or tower, which acts as a signal or a warning.
- beaded — A beaded dress, cushion, or other object is decorated with beads.
- beader — an implement used in crafts such as woodwork or silverwork to make a decorative pattern resembling beads
- beadle — (formerly, in the Church of England) a minor parish official who acted as an usher and kept order
7 letter words starting with be
8 letter words starting with be
- be-jesus — Informal. dickens; devil; deuce: The conglomerate plans to take that tiny company and expand the bejesus out of it.
- beachbag — a large handbag, sometimes of canvas, used to carry personal items, as a bathing suit, towel, and suntan lotion, to and from a beach.
- beachboy — a male lifeguard on a beach
- beaching — an expanse of sand or pebbles along a shore.
- beaconed — a guiding or warning signal, as a light or fire, especially one in an elevated position.
9 letter words starting with be
- be-little — to regard or portray as less impressive or important than appearances indicate; depreciate; disparage.
- beachball — a large light brightly coloured ball for playing with on a beach
- beachhead — A beachhead is an area of land next to the sea or a river where an attacking force has taken control and can prepare to advance further inland.
- beachside — situated near a beach
- beachwear — Beachwear is the things people wear for swimming.
10 letter words starting with be
- be-thought — simple past tense and past participle of bethink.
- beach-berm — Also, berme. Fortification. a horizontal surface between the exterior slope of a rampart and the moat.
- beachfront — A beachfront house, café, shop, or hotel is situated on or by a beach.
- beachscape — a section or expanse of beach and shore scenery.
- beadswoman — a female inhabitant of a beadhouse
11 letter words starting with be
- beachcomber — A beachcomber is someone who spends their time wandering along beaches looking for things they can use.
- beachmaster — a bull fur seal having its own territory in the breeding grounds.
- beaky-nosed — having a nose that is large, pointed, or hooked
- beanshooter — peashooter
- bear's-foot — either of two Eurasian hellebore plants, Helleborus foetidus or H. viridis, having leaves shaped like the foot and claws of a bear
12 letter words starting with be
- beach-comber — a person who lives by gathering salable articles of jetsam, refuse, etc., from beaches.
- beach-la-mar — an English-based creole language spoken in Vanuatu and Fiji, and formerly much more widespread
- beaconsfield — a town in SE England, in Buckinghamshire. Pop: 12 292 (2001)
- bean-shooter — peashooter.
- bear-baiting — (formerly) an entertainment in which dogs attacked and enraged a chained bear
13 letter words starting with be
- beaked-salmon — sandfish (def 2).
- bear's-breech — a widely cultivated S European acanthus plant, Acanthus mollis, having whitish purple-veined flowers
- beatification — a beatifying or being beatified
- beautifulness — having beauty; possessing qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, etc.; delighting the senses or mind: a beautiful dress; a beautiful speech.
- beaux-esprits — plural of bel-esprit.
14 letter words starting with be
- beard-stroking — deep thought
- beautification — Making beautiful, beautifying, improving the appearance of something.
- bechamel-sauce — a white sauce, sometimes seasoned with onion and nutmeg.
- beclomethasone — a potent synthetic corticosteroid, C 28 H 37 ClO 7 , prepared as an inhalant in the treatment of bronchial asthma.
- belgian-endive — endive (def 2).
17 letter words starting with be
18 letter words starting with be
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
19 letter words starting with be
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
20 letter words starting with be
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
On this page, we collect all words starting with BE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3092 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with BE. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.