Words starting with alamer
Maybe these words will be useful:
- alameda — a public walk or promenade lined with trees, often poplars
- alamein — a town on the N coast of Egypt, about 70 miles (113 km) W of Alexandria: decisive British victory October 1942.
- alamort — exhausted, half-dead
- alam — (language) A language for symbolic mathematics, especially General Relativity. See also CLAM.
- alaman — Lucas [loo-kahs] /ˈlu kɑs/ (Show IPA), 1792–1853, Mexican historian and politician.
- alamanni — a confederation of Germanic tribes, first recorded in the 3rd century a.d., that settled in the area between the Rhine, Main, and Danube rivers, and made harassing attacks against the Roman Empire.
- alamannic — the high German speech of Switzerland, Alsace, and southwestern Germany. Compare Bavarian (def 3).
- alamiqui — almique (def 3).
- alamo — Franciscan mission at San Antonio, Tex.: scene of a siege and massacre of Texans by Mexican troops (1836)
- alamode — a soft light silk used for shawls and dresses, esp in the 19th century