17-letter words starting with ad
- adaptive learning — (algorithm) (Or "Hebbian learning") Learning where a system programs itself by adjusting weights or strengths until it produces the desired output.
- addison's disease — a disease characterized by deep bronzing of the skin, anaemia, and extreme weakness, caused by underactivity of the adrenal glands
- addition compound — adduct (def 2).
- addition reaction — a reaction in which part of a compound is added to one end of a double or triple bond, while the rest adds to the other end, converting it, respectively, to a single or double bond.
- additive identity — an element that when added to a given element in a specified set leaves that element unchanged, as zero in the real-number system.
- adenylate cyclase — an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of ATP to cyclic AMP.
- adjective pronoun — a pronoun used as an adjective, as his in His dinner is ready.
- adjunct professor — a professor employed by a college or university for a specific purpose or length of time and often part-time.
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- admiralty islands — a group of about 40 volcanic and coral islands in the SW Pacific, part of Papua New Guinea, in the Bismarck Archipelago: main island: Manus. Pop (whole province): 43 589 (2000). Area: about 2000 sq km (800 sq miles)
- adoptive immunity — passive immunity resulting from the administration of sensitized lymphocytes from an immune donor.
- advance directive — a living will or durable power of attorney in which a person states his or her wishes regarding medical treatment in the event of mental incompetency or an inability to communicate.
- advanced standing — the status of a student who has already completed some of the requirements of a course at another institution and thus is able to miss out some elements of the full course at his or her current university
- adventure holiday — a holiday that involves some physically challenging activity such as canoeing, rock climbing, etc
- adventure tourism — tourism involving activities that are physically challenging
- adventuresomeness — The state or quality of being adventuresome.
- adverse selection — Adverse selection is a term used to describe the tendency of those in dangerous jobs or with high-risk lifestyles to want to take out life insurance.
- advocatus diaboli — devil's advocate
On this page, we collect all 17-letter words starting with AD. It’s easy to find right word with a certain length. It is the easiest way to find 17-letter word that beginning with AD to use in Scrabble or Crossword puzzles.