Words starting with acid
4 letter words starting with acid
- acid — An acid is a chemical substance, usually a liquid, which contains hydrogen and can react with other substances to form salts. Some acids burn or dissolve other substances that they come into contact with.
- acid anhydride — a compound formed by removing water from a more complex compound: an oxide of a nonmetal (acid anhydride) or a metal (basic anhydride) that forms an acid or a base, respectively, when united with water.
- acid cell — Electricity. a cell using an acid electrolyte.
- acid drop — a boiled sweet with a sharp taste
- acid dust — air-polluting particles of dust, usually wind-borne, having high concentrations of acid.
5 letter words starting with acid
6 letter words starting with acid
- acidic — Acidic substances contain acid.
- acidly — Chemistry. a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
7 letter words starting with acid
8 letter words starting with acid
- acidemia — a state of abnormally high acidity of the blood due to an increase in hydrogen ions
- acidemic — Alternative form of acidaemic.
- acidhead — a person who uses LSD
- acidness — Acidity, sourness.
- acidosis — a condition characterized by an abnormal increase in the acidity of the blood and extracellular fluids
9 letter words starting with acid
- acid-fast — (of bacteria and tissues) resistant to decolorization by mineral acids after staining
- acid-head — a person who habitually takes the drug LSD.
- acidaemia — (medicine) a medical condition marked by an abnormally high concentration of hydrogen ions in a person's blood.
- acidaemic — Pertaining to, or afflicted with, acidaemia.
- acidified — Simple past tense and past participle of acidify.
10 letter words starting with acid
- acid-proof — resistant to the action of acid
- acidifying — Present participle of acidify.
- acidimeter — any instrument or standard solution for determining the amount of acid in a sample solution
- acidimetry — the determination of the amount of acid present in a solution, measured by an acidimeter or by volumetric analysis
- acidogenic — producing acid, as bacteria, or causing acidity, as of the urine.
11 letter words starting with acid
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
- acidimeters — Plural form of acidimeter.
- acidimetric — (chemistry) Describing a titration in which the titrant is an acid.
12 letter words starting with acid
13 letter words starting with acid
On this page, we collect all words starting with ACID. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 80 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ACID. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.