Words starting with abovethel
Maybe these words will be useful:
- above — If one thing is above another one, it is directly over it or higher than it.
- above all — You say above all to indicate that the thing you are mentioning is the most important point.
- above and beyond — in addition to
- above board — An arrangement or deal that is above board is legal and is being carried out honestly and openly.
- above stairs — (archaic) upstairs; in or on an upper floor.
- above suspicion — in such a position that no guilt may be thought or implied, esp through having an unblemished reputation
- above the fold — (newspapers) Situated in the upper half of the front page of a broadsheet newspaper, and thus more prominent, as the lower half is not usually visible when the folded newspaper is displayed for sale.
- above the law — If you accuse someone of thinking they are above the law, you criticize them for thinking that they are so clever or important that they do not need to obey the law.
- above the line — a mark or stroke long in proportion to its breadth, made with a pen, pencil, tool, etc., on a surface: a line down the middle of the page.