Words ending with wn
3 letter words ending with wn
- awn — any of the bristles growing from the spikelets of certain grasses, including cereals
- own — of, relating to, or belonging to oneself or itself (usually used after a possessive to emphasize the idea of ownership, interest, or relation conveyed by the possessive): He spent only his own money.
- pwn — Slang. to totally defeat or dominate, especially in a video or computer game: You just got pwned! I pwned those guys in the end.
- come into one's own — to become fulfilled
- come into one's/its own — If someone or something comes into their own, they become very successful or start to perform very well because the circumstances are right.
4 letter words ending with wn
- bawn — a fortified enclosure, either for defensive purposes or for keeping cattle
- dawn — Dawn is the time of day when light first appears in the sky, just before the sun rises.
- down — from higher to lower; in descending direction or order; toward, into, or in a lower position: to come down the ladder.
- fawn — a young deer, especially an unweaned one.
- gawn — (obsolete, UK, dialect) A small tub or lading vessel.
5 letter words ending with wn
6 letter words ending with wn
- co-own — to own jointly with another: a building I co-owned with my brother.
- disown — to refuse to acknowledge as belonging or pertaining to oneself; deny the ownership of or responsibility for; repudiate; renounce: to disown one's heirs; to disown a published statement.
- godown — (in India and other countries in Asia) a warehouse or other storage place.
- impawn — to put in pawn; pledge.
- intown — being in the central or metropolitan area of a city or town: an intown motel.
7 letter words ending with wn
- -strewn — scattered with the thing specified
- ashdown — Paddy, Baron. real name Jeremy John Durham Ashdown. born 1941, British politician; leader of the Liberal Democrats (formerly the Social and Liberal Democrats) (1988–99); UN high representative in Bosnia-Herzegovina (2002–06)
- baytown — city in SE Tex., on Galveston Bay, near Houston: pop. 66,000
- beclown — to make a fool of (another), to make into a clown
- bedgown — a nightdress
8 letter words ending with wn
9 letter words ending with wn
- allentown — a city in E Pennsylvania, on the Lehigh River. Pop: 105 958 (2003 est)
- bankstown — a city in SE Australia, a suburb of Sydney.
- beat-down — to strike violently or forcefully and repeatedly.
- blacktown — a city in New South Wales, SE Australia, near Sydney.
- breakdown — The breakdown of something such as a relationship, plan, or discussion is its failure or ending.
10 letter words ending with wn
- allhallown — relating to the period of time around Allhallows
- atef-crown — a symbolic headdress of certain Egyptian gods, as Osiris, and of Egyptian kings, consisting of a tall conical cap flanked by two plumes and bearing representations of the uraeus and the sun.
- bouncedown — an occasion of restarting play by the umpire bouncing the ball
- bridgetown — the capital of Barbados, a port on the SW coast. Pop: 144 000 (2005 est)
- build-down — a gradual decrease in nuclear weapons, armed forces, etc., esp. by an agreement in which a smaller number of newer weapons would replace older ones
11 letter words ending with wn
- broken-down — A broken-down vehicle or machine no longer works because it has something wrong with it.
- burrowstown — a burgh town
- button-down — A button-down shirt or a shirt with a button-down collar has a button under each end of the collar which you can fasten.
- cabbagetown — a former slum area of Toronto, now known for its Victorian architecture and thriving arts community
- campbeltown — a seaport on the Kintyre peninsula, in SW Scotland: resort.
12 letter words ending with wn
- golden-brown — of brown with a golden tinge
- hand-me-down — an article of clothing passed on to another person after being used, outgrown, etc.: The younger children wore the hand-me-downs of the older ones.
- knocked-down — composed of parts or units that can be disassembled: knocked-down furniture.
- lesser-known — less widely known; less famous
- little-known — not widely known; not famed
13 letter words ending with wn
- buttoned-down — conventional or conservative
- charlottetown — a port in SE Canada, capital of the province of Prince Edward Island. Pop: 34 562 (2011)
- dressing-down — a severe reprimand; scolding.
- jeffersontown — a town in N Kentucky.
- reach-me-down — a garment that is cheaply ready-made or second-hand
14 letter words ending with wn
- man-about-town — a socially active, sophisticated man who frequents fashionable nightclubs, theaters, restaurants, etc.; playboy; boulevardier.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in WN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 685 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in WN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.