Words ending with use
3 letter words ending with use
- use — to employ for some purpose; put into service; make use of: to use a knife.
- be of use/be no use — If something or someone is of use, they are useful. If they are no use, they are not at all useful.
- for external use — If medicine is for external use, it is intended to be used only on the outside of your body, and not to be eaten or drunk.
- in use — current, extant
- intravenous drug use — the injection of drugs intravenously
4 letter words ending with use
- duse — Eleonora [el-ee-uh-nawr-uh;; Italian e-le-aw-naw-rah] /ˌɛl i əˈnɔr ə;; Italian ˌɛ lɛ ɔˈnɔ rɑ/ (Show IPA), 1859–1924, Italian actress.
- fuse — Electricity. a protective device, used in an electric circuit, containing a conductor that melts under heat produced by an excess current, thereby opening the circuit. Compare circuit breaker.
- muse — to think or meditate in silence, as on some subject.
- ouse — Also called Great Ouse. a river in E England, flowing NE to the Wash. 160 miles (260 km) long.
- ruse — a city in N Bulgaria, on the Danube.
5 letter words ending with use
- abuse — Abuse of someone is cruel and violent treatment of them.
- amuse — If something amuses you, it makes you want to laugh or smile.
- bouse — to raise or haul with a tackle
- cause — a person or thing that acts, happens, or exists in such a way that some specific thing happens as a result; the producer of an effect: You have been the cause of much anxiety. What was the cause of the accident?
- chuse — Obsolete spelling of choose.
6 letter words ending with use
- 'cause — 'Cause is an informal way of saying because.
- accuse — If you accuse someone of doing something wrong or dishonest, you say or tell them that you believe that they did it.
- arouse — If something arouses a particular reaction or attitude in people, it causes them to have that reaction or attitude.
- bemuse — If something bemuses you, it puzzles or confuses you.
- blouse — A blouse is a kind of shirt worn by a girl or woman.
7 letter words ending with use
- because — You use because when stating the reason for something.
- carouse — If you say that people are carousing, you mean that they are behaving very noisily and drinking a lot of alcohol as they enjoy themselves.
- catouse — New England. a noisy disturbance; commotion.
- confuse — If you confuse two things, you get them mixed up, so that you think one of them is the other one.
- contuse — to injure (the body) without breaking the skin; bruise
8 letter words ending with use
- abstruse — You can describe something as abstruse if you find it difficult to understand, especially when you think it could be explained more simply.
- alehouse — An alehouse is a pub.
- antabuse — a drug, a brand of disulfiram, used in the treatment of alcoholism, that acts by inducing nausea and other unpleasant symptoms following ingestion of alcohol; tetraethylthiuram disulphide
- applause — Applause is the noise made by a group of people clapping their hands to show approval.
- arthouse — a cinema which specializes in showing films which are not part of the commercial mainstream
9 letter words ending with use
- aeropause — the region of the upper atmosphere above which aircraft cannot fly
- almshouse — Almshouses are houses in Britain which were built and run by charities to provide accommodation for poor or old people who could not afford to pay rent.
- antiabuse — designed to prevent abuse
- arquebuse — A sort of trigger-based handgun or firearm, by which a burning match was applied, from which the musket was derived.
- art-house — An art-house film is a film that is intended to be a serious artistic work rather than a piece of popular entertainment.
10 letter words ending with use
- andropause — the period, usually occurring between the ages of 45 and 55, during which a man's testosterone levels may fall, leading to a reduction in vigour and sexual drive
- anonymouse — (informal) a person who posts to an online forum, or otherwise distributes information anonymously.
- bawdyhouse — a house of prostitution
- betelgeuse — a very remote luminous red supergiant, Alpha Orionis: the second brightest star in the constellation Orion. It is a variable star
- blockhouse — (formerly) a wooden fortification with ports or loopholes for defensive fire, observation, etc
11 letter words ending with use
- accoucheuse — a female obstetrician or midwife
- barrelhouse — a cheap and disreputable drinking establishment
- cacqueteuse — a narrow, upright armchair of 16th-century France, having widely splayed arms and a very narrow back.
- coffeehouse — an establishment that sells coffee and usually other refreshments and that commonly serves as an informal club for its regular customers
- cost-in-use — the cost of owning, running, or using something
12 letter words ending with use
- chapterhouse — the building attached to a cathedral, collegiate church, or religious house in which the chapter meets
- charnelhouse — Alternative form of charnel house.
- charterhouse — a Carthusian monastery
- flickermouse — Alternative form of flittermouse.
- flindermouse — (obsolete) A bat (the mammal).
13 letter words ending with use
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- blanchisseuse — a washer-woman
- boardinghouse — a private house in which accommodation and meals are provided for paying guests
- cat-and-mouse — denoting a fight or contest in which participants attempt to confuse or deceive each other in a cruel or teasing way, esp before a final act of cruelty or unkindness
- clearinghouse — If an organization acts as a clearinghouse, it collects, sorts, and distributes specialized information.
14 letter words ending with use
- clearing-house — a place or institution where mutual claims and accounts are settled, as between banks.
- house-to-house — conducted from one house to the next: a house-to-house survey.
- prairie-grouse — prairie chicken.
- slaughterhouse — a building or place where animals are butchered for food; abattoir.
- tenement-house — Also called tenement house. a run-down and often overcrowded apartment house, especially in a poor section of a large city.
16 letter words ending with use
- settlement-house — the act or state of settling or the state of being settled.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in USE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 733 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in USE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.