Words ending with us
3 letter words ending with us
4 letter words ending with us
5 letter words ending with us
- aleus — a king of Tegea and the father of Amphidamas, Auge, Cepheus, and Lycurgus.
- altus — a city in SW Oklahoma.
- angus — a council area of E Scotland on the North Sea: the historical county of Angus became part of Tayside region in 1975; reinstated as a unitary authority (excluding City of Dundee) in 1996. Administrative centre: Forfar. Pop: 107 520 (2003 est). Area: 2181 sq km (842 sq miles)
- ankus — a stick used, esp in India, for goading elephants
- annus — year of wonders; wonderful year.
6 letter words ending with us
- aarhus — Århus
- abacus — An abacus is a frame used for counting. It has rods with sliding beads on them.
- acarus — any of the free-living mites of the widely distributed genus Acarus, several of which, esp A. siro, are serious pests of stored flour, grain, etc
- accius — Lucius, c170–c90 b.c, Roman poet and prose writer.
- acinus — any of the terminal saclike portions of a compound gland
7 letter words ending with us
8 letter words ending with us
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abomasus — abomasum.
- academus — an Arcadian whose estate became a meeting place for Athenian philosophers.
- acanthus — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the genus Acanthus, native to the Mediterranean region but widely cultivated as ornamental plants, having large spiny leaves and spikes of white or purplish flowers: family Acanthaceae
- acarpous — (of plants) producing no fruit
9 letter words ending with us
10 letter words ending with us
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- abstemious — Someone who is abstemious avoids doing too much of something enjoyable such as eating or drinking.
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- acinaceous — containing or consisting of kernels, particularly the seeds or stones of grapes
11 letter words ending with us
12 letter words ending with us
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- adscititious — added or supplemental; additional
- advantageous — If something is advantageous to you, it is likely to benefit you.
- adventitious — added or appearing accidentally or unexpectedly
13 letter words ending with us
- allochthonous — (of rocks, deposits, etc) found in a place other than where they or their constituents were formed
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
- amphithalamus — (in an ancient Greek house) a room adjoining the thalamus.
- amphitrichous — having a single flagellum at each end.
- amygdalaceous — similar to or derived from the almond
14 letter words ending with us
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- ambisinistrous — clumsy or unskillful with both hands.
- anacardiaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Anacardiaceae, a chiefly tropical family of trees and shrubs many of which have edible drupes. The family includes the cashew, mango, pistachio, and sumach
15 letter words ending with us
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
- asclepiadaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Asclepiadaceae, a family of mostly tropical and subtropical flowering plants, including the milkweed and swallowwort, having pollen in the form of a waxy mass (pollinium): now usually regarded as a subfamily of the Apocynaceae
16 letter words ending with us
- anthropomorphous — shaped like a human being
- australopithecus — an extinct genus of small-brained,large-toothed bipedal hominids that lived in Africa between one and four million years ago.
- caryophyllaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caryophyllaceae, a family of flowering plants including the pink, carnation, sweet william, and chickweed
- chinese-hibiscus — Also called Bengal rose. a rose, Rosa chinensis, of China, having slightly fragrant crimson, pink, or white flowers.
17 letter words ending with us
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in US. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4853 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in US that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.