Words ending with tion
6 letter words ending with tion
- action — Action is doing something for a particular purpose.
- cation — a positively charged ion; an ion that is attracted to the cathode during electrolysis
- affirmative action — Affirmative action is the policy of giving jobs and other opportunities to members of groups such as racial minorities or women who might not otherwise have them.
- aftershave lotion — a lotion, usually styptic and perfumed, for application to the face after shaving
- apsidal motion — the rotation of the major axis of an eccentric orbit in the plane of the orbit.
7 letter words ending with tion
- auction — An auction is a public sale where goods are sold to the person who offers the highest price.
- bastion — If a system or organization is described as a bastion of a particular way of life, it is seen as being important and effective in defending that way of life. Bastion can be used both when you think that this way of life should be ended and when you think it should be defended.
- caption — A caption is the words printed underneath a picture or cartoon which explain what it is about.
- caution — Caution is great care which you take in order to avoid possible danger.
- coition — sexual intercourse
8 letter words ending with tion
- ablation — the surgical removal of an organ, structure, or part
- ablution — the ritual washing of a priest's hands or of sacred vessels
- abortion — If a woman has an abortion, she ends her pregnancy deliberately so that the baby is not born alive.
- adaption — Adaption means the same as adaptation.
- addition — An addition to something is a thing which is added to it.
9 letter words ending with tion
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- abjection — an abject state or condition
- abolition — The abolition of something such as a system or practice is its formal ending.
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
- accretion — An accretion is an addition to something, usually one that has been added over a period of time.
10 letter words ending with tion
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
- abjunction — the act of cutting off part of a mycelium or spore by forming a septum
- abjuration — the act of abjuring.
- abnegation — a giving up of rights, etc.; self-denial; renunciation
11 letter words ending with tion
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- abomination — If you say that something is an abomination, you think that it is completely unacceptable.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstriction — the separation and release of a mature spore from a sporophore by the formation of a septum. This process occurs in some fungi
- acceptation — the accepted meaning, as of a word, phrase, etc
12 letter words ending with tion
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abirritation — to make less irritable; soothe.
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accentuation — an act or instance of accentuating.
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
13 letter words ending with tion
- accommodation — Accommodation is used to refer to buildings or rooms where people live or stay.
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- actualization — the act or process of actualizing.
14 letter words ending with tion
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- administration — Administration is the range of activities connected with organizing and supervising the way that an organization or institution functions.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- aftersensation — an afterimage.
- allegorization — to make into an allegory; narrate allegorically.
15 letter words ending with tion
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- americanization — Americanization is the process by which people or countries become more and more similar to Americans and the United States.
- anesthetization — to render physically insensible, as by an anesthetic.
16 letter words ending with tion
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- anathematization — to pronounce an anathema against; denounce; curse.
- anti-immigration — the act of immigrating.
- anti-integration — an act or instance of combining into an integral whole.
- anti-prohibition — the act of prohibiting.
17 letter words ending with tion
- anti-assimilation — the act or process of assimilating, or of absorbing information, experiences, etc.: the need for quick assimilation of the facts.
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
- autosensitization — autoimmunization.
- biotransformation — the metabolizing of some substance, esp. a drug, in the body
- bureaucratization — to divide an administrative agency or office into bureaus.
18 letter words ending with tion
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
19 letter words ending with tion
- autotransplantation — autograft.
- conventionalization — to make conventional.
- cosmopolitanization — to make cosmopolitan.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
20 letter words ending with tion
21 letter words ending with tion
- conjunction-reduction — a rule that reduces coordinate sentences, applied, for example, to convert John lives in Ireland and Brian lives in Ireland into John and Brian live in Ireland
22 letter words ending with tion
23 letter words ending with tion
On this page, we collect all words that ending in TION. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6646 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in TION that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.