Words ending with s
2 letter words ending with s
- according as — to the degree that; in proportion as
3 letter words ending with s
4 letter words ending with s
- acas — Advisory Conciliation and Arbitration Service
- aces — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
- acis — a Sicilian shepherd and the lover of the nymph Galatea. In jealousy, Polyphemus crushed him with a huge rock, and his blood was turned by Galatea into a river
- acts — a book of the New Testament, ascribed to Luke
- acus — Surgery. a needle, especially one used in a surgical operation.
5 letter words ending with s
- abbas — Ferhat. 1899–1985, Algerian nationalist leader: joined the National Liberation Front (1956); president of the provisional government of the Algerian republic (1958–61)
- abbes — a member of the secular clergy.
- abc's — The ABC's of a subject or activity are the parts of it that you have to learn first because they are the most important and basic.
- abies — a fir tree
- abris — a shelter, especially a dugout.
6 letter words ending with s
- a-axis — the horizontal crystallographic axis passing from front to back.
- aarhus — Århus
- abacus — An abacus is a frame used for counting. It has rods with sliding beads on them.
- abates — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abatis — a rampart of felled trees bound together placed with their branches outwards
7 letter words ending with s
- abioses — the absence or lack of life; a nonviable state.
- abiosis — absence of life
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- abraxas — an ancient charm composed of Greek letters: originally believed to have magical powers and inscribed on amulets, etc, but from the second century ad personified by Gnostics as a deity, the source of divine emanations
- abscess — An abscess is a painful swelling containing pus.
8 letter words ending with s
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- abomasus — abomasum.
- absences — state of being away or not being present: I acted as supervisor in his absence. Your absence was noted on the records.
9 letter words ending with s
- abaciscus — Architecture. a small abacus.
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- absentees — a person who is absent, especially from work or school.
- absolutes — free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty.
10 letter words ending with s
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- abstemious — Someone who is abstemious avoids doing too much of something enjoyable such as eating or drinking.
11 letter words ending with s
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- abstentious — an act or instance of abstaining.
- abusiveness — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
12 letter words ending with s
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
13 letter words ending with s
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- accommodators — a person or thing that accommodates.
14 letter words ending with s
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accommodations — Accommodations are hotels or rooms where people can stay for a period of time.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
15 letter words ending with s
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
16 letter words ending with s
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
17 letter words ending with s
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
18 letter words ending with s
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
19 letter words ending with s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 44996 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.