Words ending with ous
6 letter words ending with ous
- almous — alms.
- aurous — of or containing gold, esp in the monovalent state
- awmous — almous.
- cerous — of or containing cerium in the trivalent state
- famous — having a widespread reputation, usually of a favorable nature; renowned; celebrated: a famous writer. Synonyms: famed, notable, illustrious. Antonyms: unknown, obscure.
7 letter words ending with ous
8 letter words ending with ous
- acarpous — (of plants) producing no fruit
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- acoelous — not having a true digestive tract
- alcinous — (in Homer's Odyssey) a Phaeacian king at whose court the shipwrecked Odysseus told of his wanderings
- amyelous — congenital absence of the spinal cord.
9 letter words ending with ous
10 letter words ending with ous
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- abstemious — Someone who is abstemious avoids doing too much of something enjoyable such as eating or drinking.
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- acinaceous — containing or consisting of kernels, particularly the seeds or stones of grapes
11 letter words ending with ous
- abstentious — an act or instance of abstaining.
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
- achromatous — having little or no colour or less than is normal
- acrimonious — Acrimonious words or quarrels are bitter and angry.
12 letter words ending with ous
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- adscititious — added or supplemental; additional
- advantageous — If something is advantageous to you, it is likely to benefit you.
- adventitious — added or appearing accidentally or unexpectedly
13 letter words ending with ous
- allochthonous — (of rocks, deposits, etc) found in a place other than where they or their constituents were formed
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
- amphitrichous — having a single flagellum at each end.
- amygdalaceous — similar to or derived from the almond
- anencephalous — congenital absence of part or all of the brain.
14 letter words ending with ous
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- ambisinistrous — clumsy or unskillful with both hands.
- anacardiaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Anacardiaceae, a chiefly tropical family of trees and shrubs many of which have edible drupes. The family includes the cashew, mango, pistachio, and sumach
- androdioecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on separate plants
- anisodactylous — Zoology. having the toes unlike, or unequal in number.
15 letter words ending with ous
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
- asclepiadaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Asclepiadaceae, a family of mostly tropical and subtropical flowering plants, including the milkweed and swallowwort, having pollen in the form of a waxy mass (pollinium): now usually regarded as a subfamily of the Apocynaceae
- basidiomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the basidiomycetes.
16 letter words ending with ous
- anthropomorphous — shaped like a human being
- caryophyllaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caryophyllaceae, a family of flowering plants including the pink, carnation, sweet william, and chickweed
- gynandromorphous — an individual exhibiting morphological characteristics of both sexes.
- heterometabolous — undergoing development in which the young are born adultlike in form, often maturing without a pupal stage.
- hydrophyllaceous — belonging to the Hydrophyllaceae, the waterleaf family of plants.
17 letter words ending with ous
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- dipterocarpaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Dipterocarpaceae, a family of trees chiefly native to tropical SE Asia, having two-winged fruits. Many species yield useful timber and resins
- heterochlamydeous — (of a plant) having a perianth consisting of distinct sepals and petals
18 letter words ending with ous
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in OUS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2846 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in OUS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.