Words ending with on
2 letter words ending with on
- act on — to regulate one's behaviour in accordance with (advice, information, etc)
- all on — the cry uttered by a whipper-in to signify that all the hounds are accounted for.
- bang on — a loud, sudden, explosive noise, as the discharge of a gun.
- bank on — If you bank on something happening, you expect it to happen and rely on it happening.
- bargain on — to rely or depend on (something)
3 letter words ending with on
4 letter words ending with on
- aeon — An aeon is an extremely long period of time.
- agon — (in ancient Greece) a festival at which competitors contended for prizes. Among the best known were the Olympic, Pythian, Nemean, and Isthmian Games
- amon — a local god of fertility and life in Egyptian Thebes: later associated with Re as the chief deity of Egypt ( Amon-Re): identified by the Greeks (and Romans) with Zeus (and Jupiter)
- anon — Anon means quite soon.
- aron — a male given name.
5 letter words ending with on
- aaron — the first high priest of the Israelites, brother of Moses (Exodus 4:14)
- abdon — one of the minor judges of Israel. Judges 12:13–15.
- acron — the unsegmented, preoral portion of the body of an arthropod.
- acton — a jacket or jerkin, originally of quilted cotton, worn under a coat of mail
- aedon — a daughter of Pandareus who mistakenly killed her son. Zeus took pity on her and turned her into a nightingale.
6 letter words ending with on
- ackton — a quilted garment worn under mail in the 13th and 14th centuries; gambeson.
- action — Action is doing something for a particular purpose.
- add-on — a device or unit added to equipment or a construction: an add-on to a computer; a nice add-on to an old house.
- aethon — triethyl orthoformate.
- aketon — a quilted garment worn under mail in the 13th and 14th centuries; gambeson.
7 letter words ending with on
- abaddon — the Devil (Revelation 9:11)
- abandon — If you abandon a place, thing, or person, you leave the place, thing, or person permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- acheron — one of the rivers in Hades over which the souls of the dead were ferried by Charon
- acheson — Dean (Gooderham). 1893–1971, US lawyer and statesman: secretary of state (1949–53) under President Truman
8 letter words ending with on
- abingdon — a market town in S England, in Oxfordshire. Pop: 36 010 (2001)
- abington — urban township in SE Pa., near Philadelphia: pop. 56,000
- ablation — the surgical removal of an organ, structure, or part
- ablution — the ritual washing of a priest's hands or of sacred vessels
- abortion — If a woman has an abortion, she ends her pregnancy deliberately so that the baby is not born alive.
9 letter words ending with on
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- abjection — an abject state or condition
- abolition — The abolition of something such as a system or practice is its formal ending.
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
- accession — Accession is the act of taking up a position as the ruler of a country.
10 letter words ending with on
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
- abjunction — the act of cutting off part of a mycelium or spore by forming a septum
- abjuration — the act of abjuring.
11 letter words ending with on
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- abomination — If you say that something is an abomination, you think that it is completely unacceptable.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstriction — the separation and release of a mature spore from a sporophore by the formation of a septum. This process occurs in some fungi
- acceptation — the accepted meaning, as of a word, phrase, etc
12 letter words ending with on
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abirritation — to make less irritable; soothe.
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accentuation — an act or instance of accentuating.
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
13 letter words ending with on
- accommodation — Accommodation is used to refer to buildings or rooms where people live or stay.
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetate-rayon — Chemistry. a salt or ester of acetic acid.
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
14 letter words ending with on
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- administration — Administration is the range of activities connected with organizing and supervising the way that an organization or institution functions.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- aftersensation — an afterimage.
- allegorization — to make into an allegory; narrate allegorically.
15 letter words ending with on
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- americanization — Americanization is the process by which people or countries become more and more similar to Americans and the United States.
- anesthetization — to render physically insensible, as by an anesthetic.
16 letter words ending with on
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- anathematization — to pronounce an anathema against; denounce; curse.
- anti-immigration — the act of immigrating.
- anti-integration — an act or instance of combining into an integral whole.
17 letter words ending with on
- anti-assimilation — Sociology. the merging of cultural traits from previously distinct cultural groups, not involving biological amalgamation.
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
- autosensitization — autoimmunization.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- biotransformation — the metabolizing of some substance, esp. a drug, in the body
18 letter words ending with on
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
20 letter words ending with on
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
21 letter words ending with on
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words ending with on
23 letter words ending with on
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ON. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 11715 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ON that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.