Words ending with ned
3 letter words ending with ned
5 letter words ending with ned
6 letter words ending with ned
- -boned — -boned combines with adjectives such as 'big' and 'fine' to form adjectives which describe a person as having a particular type of bone structure or build.
- -owned — -owned combines with nouns, adjectives, and adverbs to form adjectives that indicate who owns something.
- -toned — -toned combines with adjectives to indicate that something has a particular kind of tone.
- alined — to arrange in a straight line; adjust according to a line.
- atoned — to make amends or reparation, as for an offense or a crime, or for an offender (usually followed by for): to atone for one's sins.
7 letter words ending with ned
8 letter words ending with ned
- -brained — You can combine -brained with nouns to form adjectives which describe the quality of someone's mind when you consider that person to be rather stupid.
- -crowned — crowned as specified
- -engined — -engined combines with other words to show the number or type of engines that something has.
- -skinned — -skinned is used after adjectives such as 'dark' and 'clear' to form adjectives that indicate what kind of skin someone has.
- -stained — stained, covered, or marked with the substance specified
9 letter words ending with ned
- -stamened — having a specified number or type of stamens
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abstained — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
- adjourned — to suspend the meeting of (a club, legislature, committee, etc.) to a future time, another place, or indefinitely: to adjourn the court.
- arraigned — to call or bring before a court to answer to an indictment.
10 letter words ending with ned
11 letter words ending with ned
- accessioned — Simple past tense and past participle of accession.
- accordioned — Also called piano accordion. a portable wind instrument having a large bellows for forcing air through small metal reeds, a keyboard for the right hand, and buttons for sounding single bass notes or chords for the left hand.
- affectioned — Simple past tense and past participle of affection.
- appertained — Past participle of appertain.
- apportioned — to distribute or allocate proportionally; divide and assign according to some rule of proportional distribution: to apportion expenses among the three men.
12 letter words ending with ned
13 letter words ending with ned
- -commissioned — commissioned by the body specified
- -proportioned — -proportioned is added to adverbs to form adjectives that indicate that the size and shape of the different parts of something or someone are pleasing or useful.
- aformentioned — Misspelling of aforementioned.
- beetlebrained — stupid
- blood-stained — stained with blood: a bloodstained knife.
14 letter words ending with ned
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- airconditioned — Alternative spelling of air-conditioned.
- coarse-grained — having a large or coarse grain
- copperfastened — Simple past tense and past participle of copperfasten.
15 letter words ending with ned
- above-mentioned — used in a text to refer back to a person or thing that has already been mentioned
- derequisitioned — Simple past tense and past participle of derequisition.
- discommissioned — Simple past tense and past participle of discommission.
- disproportioned — lack of proportion; lack of proper relationship in size, number, etc.: architectural disproportions.
- ill-conditioned — in a surly or bad mood, state, etc.
16 letter words ending with ned
- closed-captioned — (of a video recording) having subtitles which appear on screen only if the cassette is played through a special decoder
- grant-maintained — funded by national government
- multidisciplined — composed of or combining several usually separate branches of learning or fields of expertise: a multidisciplinary study of the 18th century.
- nicotine-stained — discoloured by the effects of nicotine
- non-commissioned — A non-commissioned officer in the armed forces is someone with a rank such as corporal or sergeant who used to have a lower rank, rather than an officer of higher rank who has been given a commission.
17 letter words ending with ned
On this page, we collect all words that ending in NED. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 999 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in NED that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.