Words ending with nce
4 letter words ending with nce
- ince — Thomas Harper, 1882–1924, U.S. film director and producer.
- once — at one time in the past; formerly: I was a farmer once; a once powerful nation.
- all at once — If something happens all at once, it happens suddenly, often when you are not expecting it to happen.
- at once — If you do something at once, you do it immediately.
5 letter words ending with nce
- bonce — Your bonce is your head.
- dance — If you dance a particular kind of dance, you do it or perform it.
- dunce — a dull-witted, stupid, or ignorant person; dolt.
- fence — a barrier enclosing or bordering a field, yard, etc., usually made of posts and wire or wood, used to prevent entrance, to confine, or to mark a boundary.
- gance — Abel (abɛl). 1889–1981, French film director, whose works include J'accuse (1919, 1937) and Napoléon (1927), which introduced the split-screen technique
6 letter words ending with nce
- bounce — When an object such as a ball bounces or when you bounce it, it moves upwards from a surface or away from it immediately after hitting it.
- chance — If there is a chance of something happening, it is possible that it will happen.
- fiance — a man engaged to be married. Synonyms: future groom, future husband, future spouse, betrothed.
- france — Anatole [a-na-tawl] /a naˈtɔl/ (Show IPA), (Jacques Anatole Thibault) 1844–1924, French novelist and essayist: Nobel Prize 1921.
- glance — to look quickly or briefly.
7 letter words ending with nce
- absence — Someone's absence from a place is the fact that they are not there.
- advance — To advance means to move forward, often in order to attack someone.
- askance — with an oblique glance
- balance — If you balance something somewhere, or if it balances there, it remains steady and does not fall.
- cadence — The cadence of someone's voice is the way their voice gets higher and lower as they speak.
8 letter words ending with nce
- abeyance — a state of being suspended or put aside temporarily
- abidance — the act or state of abiding.
- acutance — a physical rather than subjective measure of the sharpness of a photographic image
- adamance — a state of resoluteness
- affiance — to bind (a person or oneself) in a promise of marriage; betroth
9 letter words ending with nce
- aberrance — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abondance — (card games) Alternative form of abundance.
- abundance — An abundance of something is a large quantity of it.
- accedence — to give consent, approval, or adherence; agree; assent; to accede to a request; to accede to the terms of a contract.
- accidence — inflectional morphology; the part of grammar concerned with changes in the form of words by internal modification or by affixation, for the expression of tense, person, case, number, etc
10 letter words ending with nce
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
- abstinence — Abstinence is the practice of abstaining from something such as alcoholic drink or sex, often for health or religious reasons.
- acceptance — Acceptance of an offer or a proposal is the act of saying yes to it or agreeing to it.
- accordance — conformity; agreement; accord (esp in the phrase in accordance with)
11 letter words ending with nce
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- accrescence — continual increase
- acquittance — a release from or settlement of a debt, etc
- adolescence — Adolescence is the period of your life in which you develop from being a child into being an adult.
12 letter words ending with nce
- acquaintance — An acquaintance is someone who you have met and know slightly, but not well.
- acquiescence — Acquiescence is agreement to do what someone wants, or acceptance of what they do even though you do not agree with it.
- anti-science — a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws: the mathematical sciences.
- antiviolence — opposed to or acting against violence in society
- appurtenance — a secondary or less significant thing or part
13 letter words ending with nce
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- antiresonance — a phenomenon in an electric, acoustic, or other such system in which the impedance is tending to infinity.
- bancassurance — the selling of insurance products by a bank to its customers
- birefringence — the splitting of a light ray, generally by a crystal, into two components that travel at different velocities and are polarized at right angles to each other
- cape-province — a cape in S Africa, in the SW Republic of South Africa.
14 letter words ending with nce
- back-clearance — Machinery. the gradual termination of a groove on the body of an object not ending there, as the upper termination of a flute in a twist drill. Also called back clearance. a space in a depressed area of an object into which a machine tool or grinding wheel may safely enter at the end of a pass or operation.
- bioequivalence — the equality of strength, bioavailability, and dosage of various drug products
- condescendence — a statement of facts presented by the plaintiff in a cause
- correspondence — Correspondence is the act of writing letters to someone.
- counterbalance — To counterbalance something means to balance or correct it with something that has an equal but opposite effect.
15 letter words ending with nce
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- anticoincidence — of or relating to an electronic circuit that produces an output pulse if one but not both of its input terminals receives a pulse within a specified interval of time
- bioluminescence — the production of light by living organisms as a result of the oxidation of a light-producing substance (luciferin) by the enzyme luciferase: occurs in many marine organisms, insects such as the firefly, etc
- counterevidence — evidence that refutes other evidence
- cross-reference — A cross-reference is a note in a book which tells you that there is relevant or more detailed information in another part of the book.
16 letter words ending with nce
- counter-instance — a case or occurrence of anything: fresh instances of oppression.
- counter-violence — swift and intense force: the violence of a storm.
- cross-resistance — immunologic resistance to the pathogenic effects of a microorganism because of previous exposure to another species or type having cross-reactive antigens.
- high-maintenance — needing frequent maintenance or repair: My bike is high-maintenance; this is its third front wheel this month.
- immunocompetence — having the potential for immunologic response; capable of developing immunity after exposure to antigen.
17 letter words ending with nce
- chemiluminescence — the phenomenon in which a chemical reaction leads to the emission of light without incandescence
- chemoluminescence — (chemistry) The emission of light as the result of a chemical reaction.
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
- magnetoresistance — a change in the electrical resistance of a material upon exposure to a magnetic field.
- photoluminescence — luminescence induced by the absorption of infrared radiation, visible light, or ultraviolet radiation.
18 letter words ending with nce
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- immunofluorescence — any of various techniques for detecting an antigen or antibody in a sample by coupling its specifically interactive antibody or antigen to a fluorescent compound, mixing with the sample, and observing the reaction under an ultraviolet-light microscope.
- inter-independence — Also, independency. the state or quality of being independent.
- non-correspondence — communication by exchange of letters.
19 letter words ending with nce
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- complement-sentence — a subordinate clause that functions as the subject, direct object, or prepositional object of a verb, as that you like it in I'm surprised that you like it.
- convergent-sequence — an infinite sequence, x 1 , x 2 , …, whose terms are points in Ek, in which there exists a point y such that the limit as n goes to infinity of xn = y if and only if for every ε>0, there exists a number N such that i > N and j > N implies | xi − xj |< ε. Also called Cauchy sequence, convergent sequence. Compare complete (def 10b).
- counterintelligence — Counterintelligence consists of actions that a country takes in order to find out whether another country is spying on it and to prevent it from doing so.
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
20 letter words ending with nce
- material-equivalence — the state or fact of being equivalent; equality in value, force, significance, etc.
- mechanical-impedance — Electricity. the total opposition to alternating current by an electric circuit, equal to the square root of the sum of the squares of the resistance and reactance of the circuit and usually expressed in ohms. Symbol: Z.
23 letter words ending with nce
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in NCE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2158 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in NCE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.