Words ending with ment
4 letter words ending with ment
- ment — (obsolete) Simple past tense and past participle of meng.
5 letter words ending with ment
- ament — a mentally deficient person
6 letter words ending with ment
- cement — Cement is a grey powder which is mixed with sand and water in order to make concrete.
- dement — to deteriorate mentally, esp because of old age
- foment — to instigate or foster (discord, rebellion, etc.); promote the growth or development of: to foment trouble; to foment discontent.
- lament — to feel or express sorrow or regret for: to lament his absence.
- loment — a pod that is contracted in the spaces between the seeds and that breaks at maturity into one-seeded indehiscent joints.
7 letter words ending with ment
- ailment — An ailment is an illness, especially one that is not very serious.
- aliment — something that nourishes or sustains the body or mind
- augment — To augment something means to make it larger, stronger, or more effective by adding something to it.
- clement — Clement weather is pleasantly mild and dry.
- comment — If you comment on something, you give your opinion about it or you give an explanation for it.
8 letter words ending with ment
- abetment — to encourage, support, or countenance by aid or approval, usually in wrongdoing: to abet a swindler; to abet a crime.
- abutment — the state or process of abutting
- agrement — diplomatic approval of a country
- argument — An argument is a statement or set of statements that you use in order to try to convince people that your opinion about something is correct.
- armament — Armament is used to refer to weapons and bombs carried by an aircraft or other military vehicle.
9 letter words ending with ment
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abatement — Abatement means a reduction in the strength or power of something or the reduction of it.
- adornment — An adornment is something that is used to make a person or thing more beautiful.
- affixment — the act of attaching or affixing
10 letter words ending with ment
11 letter words ending with ment
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- achievement — An achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
- acquirement — an acquiring or being acquired
12 letter words ending with ment
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- accouterment — an accoutering or being accoutered
- accoutrement — Accoutrements are all the things you have with you when you travel or when you take part in a particular activity.
- admonishment — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
13 letter words ending with ment
- accompaniment — The accompaniment to a song or tune is the music that is played at the same time as it and forms a background to it.
- admeasurement — the act of admeasuring
- advertisement — An advertisement is an announcement in a newspaper, on television, or on a poster about something such as a product, event, or job.
- advertizement — a paid announcement, as of goods for sale, in newspapers or magazines, on radio or television, etc.
- affreightment — a contract hiring a ship to carry goods
14 letter words ending with ment
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- aftertreatment — a method or device for reducing harmful emissions from internal-combustion engines before they are released into the atmosphere, for example a filter or a catalytic converter
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- aggrandizement — If someone does something for aggrandizement, they do it in order to get power, wealth, and importance for themselves.
15 letter words ending with ment
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- counterargument — A counterargument is an argument that makes an opposing point to another argument.
- countermovement — the act, process, or result of moving.
- disentanglement — Removal of, or extrication from twists, tangles, complications or confusion.
- disillusionment — to free from or deprive of illusion, belief, idealism, etc.; disenchant.
16 letter words ending with ment
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- bargain-basement — very low-priced.
- counterstatement — a statement made to deny or refute another statement.
- disestablishment — to deprive of the character of being established; cancel; abolish.
- disfranchisement — to deprive (a person) of a right of citizenship, as of the right to vote.
17 letter words ending with ment
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- non-reimbursement — to make repayment to for expense or loss incurred: The insurance company reimbursed him for his losses in the fire.
- non-reinforcement — the act of reinforcing.
- pre-enlightenment — the act of enlightening.
- self-estrangement — to turn away in feeling or affection; make unfriendly or hostile; alienate the affections of: Their quarrel estranged the two friends.
18 letter words ending with ment
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
- self-advertisement — a paid announcement, as of goods for sale, in newspapers or magazines, on radio or television, etc.
- self-disparagement — the act of disparaging.
- self-entertainment — the act of entertaining; agreeable occupation for the mind; diversion; amusement: Solving the daily crossword puzzle is an entertainment for many.
19 letter words ending with ment
21 letter words ending with ment
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in MENT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1906 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in MENT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.