Words ending with ive
4 letter words ending with ive
- dive — to plunge into water, especially headfirst.
- five — a cardinal number, four plus one.
- give — to present voluntarily and without expecting compensation; bestow: to give a birthday present to someone.
- hive — a shelter constructed for housing a colony of honeybees; beehive.
- jive — swing music or early jazz.
5 letter words ending with ive
- alive — If people or animals are alive, they are not dead.
- chive — a small Eurasian purple-flowered alliaceous plant, Allium schoenoprasum, whose long slender hollow leaves are used in cooking to flavour soups, stews, etc
- clive — Robert, Baron Clive of Plassey. 1725–74, British general and statesman, whose victory at Plassey (1757) strengthened British control in India
- drive — to send, expel, or otherwise cause to move by force or compulsion: to drive away the flies; to drive back an attacking army; to drive a person to desperation.
- naive — having or showing unaffected simplicity of nature or absence of artificiality; unsophisticated; ingenuous.
6 letter words ending with ive
- active — Someone who is active moves around a lot or does a lot of things.
- argive — (in Homer, Virgil, etc) of or relating to the Greeks besieging Troy, esp those from Argos
- arrive — When a person or vehicle arrives at a place, they come to it at the end of a journey.
- belive — speedily
- dative — In the grammar of some languages, for example Latin, the dative, or the dative case, is the case used for a noun when it is the indirect object of a verb, or when it comes after some prepositions.
7 letter words ending with ive
- abusive — Someone who is abusive behaves in a cruel and violent way towards other people.
- amative — of or inclined to love, esp. sexual love
- amusive — deceptive, illusive
- archive — The archive or archives are a collection of documents and records that contain historical information. You can also use archives to refer to the place where archives are stored.
- as-live — (of a performance for a television programme) performed as though live but broadcast after a short delay to allow for the editing of mistakes, bad language, etc
8 letter words ending with ive
- abessive — the grammatical case indicating absence
- ablative — (in certain inflected languages such as Latin) denoting a case of nouns, pronouns, and adjectives indicating the agent in passive sentences or the instrument, manner, or place of the action described by the verb
- abortive — An abortive attempt or action is unsuccessful.
- abrasive — Someone who has an abrasive manner is unkind and rude.
- adaptive — Adaptive means having the ability or tendency to adapt to different situations.
9 letter words ending with ive
- abjective — tending to degrade, humiliate, or demoralize: the abjective influences of his early life.
- acceptive — ready or willing to accept
- accretive — an increase by natural growth or by gradual external addition; growth in size or extent.
- addictive — If a drug is addictive, people who take it cannot stop taking it.
- adductive — of a nature that leads towards a change
10 letter words ending with ive
- abdicative — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- abstersive — a cleansing substance
- accusative — In the grammar of some languages, the accusative, or the accusative case, is the case used for a noun when it is the direct object of a verb, or the object of some prepositions. In English, only the pronouns 'me', 'him', 'her', 'us', and 'them' are in the accusative. Compare nominative.
11 letter words ending with ive
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
- acquisitive — If you describe a person or an organization as acquisitive, you do not approve of them because you think they are too concerned with getting new possessions.
- adumbrative — foreshadowing; sketchy; faintly indicative.
- adversative — (of a word, phrase, or clause) implying opposition or contrast. But and although are adversative conjunctions introducing adversative clauses
- affiliative — to bring into close association or connection: The research center is affiliated with the university.
12 letter words ending with ive
- abirritative — to make less irritable; soothe.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accumulative — If something is accumulative, it becomes greater in amount, number, or intensity over a period of time.
- adjudicative — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
- alimentative — nourishing; nutritive.
13 letter words ending with ive
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
- agglomerative — gathered together into a cluster or mass.
- agglutinative — tending to join or capable of joining
- all-inclusive — All-inclusive is used to indicate that a price, especially the price of a holiday, includes all the charges and all the services offered.
14 letter words ending with ive
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
- anal-retentive — having an anal character.
- anti-infective — of or relating to a substance used in the treatment of an infection.
- antiderivative — an indefinite integral
- belgian-endive — endive (def 2).
15 letter words ending with ive
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- anticommutative — (of a binary operation) having the property that one term operating on a second is equal to the negative of the second operating on the first, as ab = −ba.
- heteronormative — noting or relating to behavior or attitudes consistent with traditional male or female gender roles and the assumption of heterosexuality as the norm: our heteronormative culture.
- hyperaggressive — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- hyperresponsive — responding especially readily and sympathetically to appeals, efforts, influences, etc.: a responsive government.
16 letter words ending with ive
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
- antihypertensive — able to inhibit or control hypertension
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
- counterintuitive — (of an idea, proposal, etc) seemingly contrary to common sense
- counteroffensive — a series of attacks by a defending force against an attacking enemy
17 letter words ending with ive
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
- capital-intensive — Capital-intensive industries and businesses need the investment of large sums of money. Compare labour-intensive.
- context-sensitive — behaving, responding, or interpreted differently depending on context
- contradistinctive — distinction by opposition or contrast: plants and animals in contradistinction to humans.
18 letter words ending with ive
- myeloproliferative — (medicine) of or pertaining to the presence of an abnormal proliferation of myelopoietic cells (from bone marrow).
- non-discriminative — constituting a particular quality, trait, or difference; characteristic; notable.
- passive-aggressive — denoting or pertaining to a personality type or behavior marked by the expression of negative emotions in passive, indirect ways, as through manipulation or noncooperation: a passive-aggressive employee who often misses deadlines.
20 letter words ending with ive
- obsessive-compulsive — of or relating to a personality style characterized by perfectionism, indecision, conscientiousness, concern with detail, rigidity, and inhibition.
21 letter words ending with ive
- hypothetico-deductive — pertaining to or governed by the supposed method of scientific progress whereby a general hypothesis is tested by deducing predictions that may be experimentally tested. When such a prediction is falsified the theory is rejected and a new hypothesis is required
On this page, we collect all words that ending in IVE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1990 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in IVE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.