Words ending with ion
3 letter words ending with ion
4 letter words ending with ion
- bion — fl. 2d cent. b.c.; Gr. pastoral poet
- cion — scion (sense 1)
- androcles and the lion — a comedy (1913) by G. B. Shaw.
- ant lion — any of a family (Myrmeleontidae) of neuropteran insects, some of which have large-jawed larvae (doodlebugs) that lie hidden in cone-shaped pits where they feed on ants and other insects that fall in
- aphid lion — the larva of a lacewing, usually predaceous on aphids.
5 letter words ending with ion
- anion — a negatively charged ion; an ion that is attracted to the anode during electrolysis
- arion — flourished 7th century b.c, Greek poet: inventor of the dithyramb.
- axion — a hypothetical neutral elementary particle postulated to account for certain conservation laws in the strong interaction
- african union — an organization of African states established in 2002 as successor to the OAU; it aims to encourage economic development and political stability through increased cooperation between its members
- american civil liberties union — an organization founded in 1920 to defend the civil rights of all U.S. citizens. Abbreviation: ACLU, A.C.L.U.
6 letter words ending with ion
7 letter words ending with ion
- alebion — a son of Poseidon who, with his brother Dercynus, was killed by Hercules while attempting to steal the cattle that Hercules had taken from Geryon.
- alerion — an eagle, usually without a beak or feet
- amphion — a son of Zeus and Antiope: he builds a wall around Thebes by charming the stones into place with a lyre
- antlion — any of various neuropterous insects of the family Myrmeleontidae, which typically resemble dragonflies and are most common in tropical regions
- auction — An auction is a public sale where goods are sold to the person who offers the highest price.
8 letter words ending with ion
- ablation — the surgical removal of an organ, structure, or part
- ablution — the ritual washing of a priest's hands or of sacred vessels
- abortion — If a woman has an abortion, she ends her pregnancy deliberately so that the baby is not born alive.
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
- acromion — the outermost edge of the spine of the shoulder blade
9 letter words ending with ion
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- abjection — an abject state or condition
- abolition — The abolition of something such as a system or practice is its formal ending.
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
- accession — Accession is the act of taking up a position as the ruler of a country.
10 letter words ending with ion
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
- abjunction — the act of cutting off part of a mycelium or spore by forming a septum
- abjuration — the act of abjuring.
- abnegation — a giving up of rights, etc.; self-denial; renunciation
11 letter words ending with ion
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- abomination — If you say that something is an abomination, you think that it is completely unacceptable.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstriction — the separation and release of a mature spore from a sporophore by the formation of a septum. This process occurs in some fungi
- acceptation — the accepted meaning, as of a word, phrase, etc
12 letter words ending with ion
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abirritation — to make less irritable; soothe.
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accentuation — an act or instance of accentuating.
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
13 letter words ending with ion
- accommodation — Accommodation is used to refer to buildings or rooms where people live or stay.
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- actualization — the act or process of actualizing.
14 letter words ending with ion
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- administration — Administration is the range of activities connected with organizing and supervising the way that an organization or institution functions.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- aftersensation — an afterimage.
- allegorization — to make into an allegory; narrate allegorically.
15 letter words ending with ion
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- americanization — Americanization is the process by which people or countries become more and more similar to Americans and the United States.
- anesthetization — to render physically insensible, as by an anesthetic.
16 letter words ending with ion
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- anathematization — to pronounce an anathema against; denounce; curse.
- anti-immigration — the act of immigrating.
- anti-integration — an act or instance of combining into an integral whole.
- anti-prohibition — the act of prohibiting.
17 letter words ending with ion
- anti-assimilation — the act or process of assimilating, or of absorbing information, experiences, etc.: the need for quick assimilation of the facts.
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
- autosensitization — autoimmunization.
- biotransformation — the metabolizing of some substance, esp. a drug, in the body
- bureaucratization — to divide an administrative agency or office into bureaus.
18 letter words ending with ion
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
19 letter words ending with ion
- autotransplantation — autograft.
20 letter words ending with ion
21 letter words ending with ion
22 letter words ending with ion
23 letter words ending with ion
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ION. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8088 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ION that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.