Words ending with in
2 letter words ending with in
- all in — If you say that you are all in, you mean that you are extremely tired.
- bake in — to include (a feature) as an integral part of a computer's operating system
- barge in — If you barge in or barge in on someone, you rudely interrupt what they are doing or saying.
- bed in — to fit (parts) together accurately or (of parts) to be fitted together, either through machining or use, as in fitting a bearing to its shaft
- bid in — (in an auction) to outbid all previous offers for (one's own property) to retain ownership or increase the final selling price
3 letter words ending with in
- ain — a department in E central France, in Rhône-Alpes region. Capital: Bourg. Pop: 539 006 (2003 est). Area: 5785 sq km (2256 sq miles)
- bin — A bin is a container that you put rubbish in.
- din — religion, especially the religious observances of a Muslim.
- fin — Slang. a five-dollar bill.
- gin — a female Aborigine.
4 letter words ending with in
- adin — advantage (def 5).
- agin — against
- akin — If one thing is akin to another, it is similar to it in some way.
- amin — Idi (ˈiːdiː). 1925–2003, Ugandan soldier; dictator and head of state (1971–79). Notorious for his brutality, he was overthrown and exiled
- ayin — the 16th letter in the Hebrew alphabet (ע), originally a pharyngeal fricative, that is now silent and transliterated by a raised inverted comma (`)
5 letter words ending with in
- abrin — a highly poisonous compound found in the seed of the Indian liquorice (Abrus precatorius)
- actin — a protein that participates in many kinds of cell movement, including muscle contraction, during which it interacts with filaments of a second protein, myosin
- admin — Admin is the activity or process of organizing an institution or organization.
- again — You use again to indicate that something happens a second time, or after it has already happened before.
- algin — alginic acid or one of its esters or salts, esp the gelatinous solution obtained as a by-product in the extraction of iodine from seaweed, used in mucilages and for thickening jellies
6 letter words ending with in
- acetin — any of three types of liquid acetate, formed from glycerol and acetic acid, chiefly used in explosives and solvents
- add-in — Journalism. copy added to a completed story.
- adjoin — If one room, place, or object adjoins another, they are next to each other.
- alboin — died 573 ad, king of the Lombards (565–73); conqueror of N Italy
- alcuin — 735–804 ad, English scholar and theologian; friend and adviser of Charlemagne
7 letter words ending with in
- abstain — If you abstain from something, usually something you want to do, you deliberately do not do it.
- acetoin — a yellowish, pleasant-smelling liquid, C 4 H 8 O 2 , obtained from various carbohydrates, as glucose, by fermentation: used chiefly in the manufacture of flavors and essences.
- acrasin — a chemical produced by slime moulds
- actinin — a contractile protein of muscle.
- activin — a peptide that is synthesized in the pituitary gland and gonads and stimulates the secretion of FSH.
8 letter words ending with in
- acrolein — a colourless or yellowish flammable poisonous pungent liquid used in the manufacture of resins and pharmaceuticals. Formula: CH2:CHCHO
- aequorin — a protein obtained from marine organisms that emits blue light in the presence of calcium ions and is used to detect these ions in living tissue
- aesculin — a chemical found in the bark of horse-chestnut trees
- agaricin — an impure form of agaric acid: formerly used in medicine as an agent for stopping excessive perspiration.
- algonkin — Algonquin
9 letter words ending with in
- adrenalin — Adrenalin is a substance which your body produces when you are angry, scared, or excited. It makes your heart beat faster and gives you more energy.
- aerotrain — a high-speed train driven by a fan jet engine
- aflatoxin — a toxin produced by the fungus Aspergillus flavus growing on peanuts, maize, etc, causing liver disease (esp cancer) in man
- afterpain — any pain that follows its cause only after a certain delay
- algonquin — a member of a North American Indian people formerly living along the St Lawrence and Ottawa Rivers in Canada
10 letter words ending with in
- achromatin — the material of the nucleus of a cell that does not stain with basic dyes
- achromycin — tetracycline
- actomyosin — a complex protein in skeletal muscle that is formed by actin and myosin and which, when stimulated, shortens to cause muscle contraction
- adriamycin — a trade name of the anticancer drug doxorubicin
- afro-chain — (in the Caribbean) a large chain necklace with a central pendant: usually worn with a dashiki by men
11 letter words ending with in
- actinomycin — any of several toxic antibiotics obtained from bacteria of the genus Streptomyces, used in treating some cancers; the most commonly used is dactinomycin (actinomycin D)
- amoxicillin — a penicillin antibiotic used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections
- amoxycillin — Obsolete spelling of amoxicillin.
- amylopectin — the major component of starch (about 80 per cent), consisting of branched chains of glucose units. It is insoluble and gives a red-brown colour with iodine
- angiostatin — a naturally occurring protein that inhibits endothelial proliferation and interferes with the growth of new blood vessels, investigated for use as an anticancer drug.
12 letter words ending with in
- acetostearin — a waxlike, nongreasy solid, C 23 H 44 O 5 : used chiefly as a food preservative and as a plasticizer.
- amphotericin — an amphoteric antibiotic produced by the bacterium Streptomyces nodosus and used in the treatment of fungal infections.
- androscoggin — a river flowing from NE New Hampshire through SW Maine into the Kennebec River. 171 miles (275 km) long.
- anti-vitamin — any substance that interferes with the action of a vitamin.
- antiglobulin — a serum containing an antibody specific to an immunoglobulin
13 letter words ending with in
- bacteriolysin — an antibody which, when it combines with bacterial cells, causes lysis of those cells, thus destroying them
- bacteriotoxin — any toxin that kills bacteria
- batrachotoxin — a steroidal alkaloid, C31H42N2O6, found in the skin of certain Neotropical frogs (genus Phyllobates) and used on poison arrows: one of the most powerful natural neurotoxins known
- carbenicillin — a semisynthetic penicillin, C 17 H 16 N 2 Na 2 O 6 S, used against certain bacteria, especially those involved in urinary tract infections.
- cephalosporin — any of a group of broad-spectrum antibiotics obtained from fungi of the genus Cephalosporium
14 letter words ending with in
- apolipoprotein — any of a group of glycoproteins that form part of the structure of lipoproteins, some of which have been associated with Alzheimer's disease
- ball-and-chain — a heavy iron ball fastened by a chain to a prisoner's leg.
- beta-endorphin — a potent endorphin released by the anterior pituitary gland in response to pain, trauma, exercise, or other forms of stress.
- corticotrophin — (hormone) adrenocorticotropic hormone.
- cyanocobalamin — a complex red crystalline compound, containing cyanide and cobalt and occurring in liver: lack of it in the tissues leads to pernicious anaemia. Formula: C63H88O14N14PCo
15 letter words ending with in
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- brillat-savarin — Anthelme (ɑ̃tɛlm). 1755–1826, French lawyer and gourmet; author of Physiologie du Goût (1825)
- cat-o'-mountain — catamountain
- cholecystokinin — a hormone secreted by duodenal cells that stimulates the contraction of the gall bladder and secretion of pancreatic enzymes
- deoxyhemoglobin — the oxygen-carrying pigment of red blood cells that gives them their red color and serves to convey oxygen to the tissues: occurs in reduced form (deoxyhemoglobin) in venous blood and in combination with oxygen (oxyhemoglobin) in arterial blood. Symbol: Hb.
17 letter words ending with in
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
- diphenylhydantoin — a white, slightly water-soluble powder, C 15 H 11 N 2 O 2 , used in the form of its sodium salt to prevent or arrest convulsions in epilepsy.
18 letter words ending with in
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
19 letter words ending with in
22 letter words ending with in
- deoxyribonucleoprotein — any of a class of nucleoproteins that yield DNA upon partial hydrolysis.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in IN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3246 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in IN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.