Words ending with ia
3 letter words ending with ia
- aia — Associate of the Institute of Actuaries
- bia — Bureau of Indian Affairs
- cia — The CIA is the government organization in the United States that collects secret information about other countries. CIA is an abbreviation for 'Central Intelligence Agency'.
- fia — (in Britain) Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries
4 letter words ending with ia
- abia — a state of SE Nigeria. Capital: Umuahia. Pop: 2 833 999 (2006 est). Area: 6320 sq km (2440 sq miles)
- apia — the capital of (Western) Samoa: a port on the N coast of Upolu. Pop: 41 000 (2005 est)
- aria — An aria is a song for one of the leading singers in an opera or choral work.
- asia — the largest of the continents, bordering on the Arctic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean and Red Seas in the west. It includes the large peninsulas of Asia Minor, India, Arabia, and Indochina and the island groups of Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Sri Lanka; contains the mountain ranges of the Hindu Kush, Himalayas, Pamirs, Tian Shan, Urals, and Caucasus, the great plateaus of India, Iran, and Tibet, vast plains and deserts, and the valleys of many large rivers including the Mekong, Irrawaddy, Indus, Ganges, Tigris, and Euphrates. Pop: 4 164 252 000 (2011 est). Area: 44 391 162 sq km (17 139 445 sq miles)
- chia — a plant of the genus Salvia, indigenous to Mexico, with purple or blue flowers and edible seeds
5 letter words ending with ia
- aecia — the fruiting body of rust fungi, which bears chainlike or stalked spores.
- aeria — an area in the northern hemisphere of Mars.
- agria — a significant eruption of pustules
- amnia — Anatomy, Zoology. the innermost of the embryonic or fetal membranes of reptiles, birds, and mammals; the sac in which the embryo is suspended.
- anoia — extreme mental deficiency.
6 letter words ending with ia
- a'asia — Australasia
- abasia — a muscular disorder causing an inability to walk
- abelia — an ornamental garden shrub with pink or white flowers
- abulia — a pathological inability to take decisions
- acacia — An acacia or an acacia tree is a tree which grows in warm countries and which usually has small yellow or white flowers.
7 letter words ending with ia
8 letter words ending with ia
- abkhazia — a disputed region of NW Georgia, between the Black Sea and the Caucasus Mountains: a subtropical region, with mountains rising over 3900 m (13 000 ft); Abkhazian separatists seized control of the region in 1993; Russia formally recognized it as an independent republic following the Russian-Georgian war of 2008, although Georgia still claims the region as part of its territory. Capital: Sukhumi. Pop: 220 600 (2006 est). Area: 8600 sq km (3320 sq miles)
- abrachia — the congenital condition of having no arms
- academia — Academia refers to all the academics in a particular country or region, the institutions they work in, and their work.
- achromia — (medicine) Absence of pigmentation, especially in the skin or blood.
- acidemia — a state of abnormally high acidity of the blood due to an increase in hydrogen ions
9 letter words ending with ia
- abyssinia — Ethiopia
- acalculia — an inability to make simple mathematical calculations
- acarnania — region on the W coast of ancient Greece
- accademia — an art gallery in Venice housing a collection of paintings by Venetian masters from the 13th to 18th centuries
- achalasia — failure of the cardiac sphincter of the oesophagus to relax, resulting in difficulty in swallowing
10 letter words ending with ia
11 letter words ending with ia
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- acmesthesia — awareness of sharp points through the sense of touch without experiencing pain.
- agoraphobia — an abnormal fear of being in open or public places
- albuminuria — the presence of albumin in the urine
- alessandria — a town in NW Italy, in Piedmont. Pop: 85 438 (2001)
12 letter words ending with ia
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- achluophobia — The fear of darkness.
- aelurophilia — ailurophilia.
13 letter words ending with ia
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- aerodontalgia — a toothache caused by lowered barometric pressure, as in high-altitude flight.
- alymphoplasia — (medicine) aplasia of the lymphoid tissue.
- aminoaciduria — the presence of amino acids in urine
14 letter words ending with ia
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- archaebacteria — (formerly) a group of microorganisms now regarded as members of the Archaea
15 letter words ending with ia
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- aqueous-ammonia — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- bohemia-moravia — a former German protectorate including Bohemia and Moravia, 1939–45.
- cholesterolemia — the presence of an abnormal amount of cholesterol in the blood.
16 letter words ending with ia
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- bronchopneumonia — inflammation of the lungs, originating in the bronchioles
- cholesterolaemia — the presence of abnormally high levels of cholesterol in the blood
- chondrodysplasia — (medicine) A genetic disorder characterized by short-limbed dwarfism.
17 letter words ending with ia
- hypocholesteremia — an abnormally low amount of cholesterol in the blood.
18 letter words ending with ia
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- hyperbilirubinemia — an abnormally high level of bilirubin in the blood, manifested by jaundice, anorexia, and malaise, occurring in association with liver disease and certain hemolytic anemias.
19 letter words ending with ia
- hypocholesterolemia — an abnormally low amount of cholesterol in the blood.
20 letter words ending with ia
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- hyperlipoproteinemia — Pathology. any of various disorders of lipoprotein metabolism, usually characterized by abnormally high levels of cholesterol and certain lipoproteins in the blood.
- familial hypercholesterolemia — an inherited metabolic disorder caused by a lack or malfunction of receptors for the low-density lipoproteins that activate removal of cholesterol from the blood. Abbreviation: FH.
21 letter words ending with ia
23 letter words ending with ia
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
24 letter words ending with ia
- hyperbetalipoproteinemia — An abnormally high level of betalipoprotein in the blood.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in IA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2682 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in IA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.